North Carolina

Wedding Packages?

Hi ladies!

I'm recently engaged and starting out on this planning journey.  Do any of you have experience with venues that have wedding "packages"?  Catering, chairs, tables, etc. included all for one fee.  Are these reallly a deal or is it better to get these items on your own?
image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Wedding Packages?

• edited December 2011

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

The problem I have with all inclusive is that even though some parts of the package are very attractively priced other parts, it seems, always end up being way more than you think they should cost. Like really low venue fees but an outrageously high per person bar rate, or really expensive flowers.

I also may be bias against it though because I have over a year to plan and a minimally demanding job so; personally, I have no problem checking out every option. However, if I had less time to plan or a more intense job I think I would have looked into an all inclusive planning.

In short, my answer is; it depends. But I think the best advice is that you should always do your research.

1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-packages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:3277a264-4676-4e9f-a5dc-e877f61e30e7Post:bff68148-43c0-4f42-bfb1-c437f76d0d18">Re: Wedding Packages?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Congratulations and welcome to the club! <strong>The problem I have with all inclusive is that even though some parts of the package are very attractively priced other parts, it seems, always end up being way more than you think they should cost. Like really low venue fees but an outrageously high per person bar rate, or really expensive flowers.</strong> I also may be bias against it though because I have over a year to plan and a minimally demanding job so; personally, I have no problem checking out every option. However, if I had less time to plan or a more intense job I think I would have looked into an all inclusive planning. In short, my answer is; it depends. But I think the best advice is that you should always do your research.  
    Posted by Astrid821[/QUOTE]

This was the same problem I had with the 'packages'. The money would always slap you, you just didn't know exactly where.

Granted there ARE some places that don't rip you off, but you've just got to make sure you aren't having a quick one pulled on you.

A benefit to the 'packages' is that they're convinent and if you don't have a lot of time or don't necessarily care to do all the research you're sell and you're happy with the options they're providing. . it can really make the planning much easier.

I would just say check out the costs, see what everything is priced at and do what you feel most comfortable with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    The Hudson Manor offers an all inclusive package..  Check out their website.. www.thehudsonmanor.com
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what part of North Carolina you're looking for, but 1812 Hitching Post

Clicky

has all inclusive stuff.

Wendy is SUPER sweet and I haven't found a single hidden fee or surprise expense.  And the site is BEAUTIFUL

• ncsudiva4evancsudiva4eva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone just seen a great affordable wedding package or has had a wedding recently. My options for a wedding location are raleigh, charlotte, and Morehead city/atlantic beach area? Emerald isle?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards