New Jersey
Options

Spray tan?

Hey everyone! My wedding is in a month and a half and I was thinking of going in a tanning bed but feel bad about it because it is so (righfully so) frowned upon...but I have had a mystic tan at hollywood tans and didn't like it! What did you guys do? I don't want to look like I just went to Bermuda, as my wedding is in November and that will look silly, but I would like a bit of color...so tanning bed or spray tan? If spray tan, can you recommend a place in central jersey (Mercer County/Princeton area)
Thanks!

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
RSVP Deadline: 10/2

Re: Spray tan?

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt want the spray tan on my dress.. it rubs off.  I did the real tanning, but I only did like 2 times a week a few weeks before my wedding because I didnt want to get too dark, but also did not want to be white. I figure its the last time I will ever tan like that. Plus it enabled me not to burn in Aruba. 
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got spray tan for a wedding I was in back in April.  I went to beachbum and the more I look at the pics, I think I look pretty orange and unnatural. But that was just my experience!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is November 12th.  I started a tanning bed package about two weeks ago.  I had a coupon for Beach Bum for buy one month, get the second month free.  I've gone about five times.  I just don't want to look like Casper in my pictures. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a California Tan (at Tiki Tans, but check your locations because not all of them have it) and I can't really complain (I was told not to do Mystic, as California is supposed to be better). The only thing I noticed was around the inside of my wrists there were a few darker spots, but other than that I looked totally normal. My FI got an actual spray tan by a person and his tan rubbed off on all his clothes for WEEKS....he was so mad he didn't do the California Tan like I did, because I did not have that problem at all. I would get a California Tan again.

If I was you, I would go test the tan out now and see if you like it or not.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_spray-tan-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:142f77c0-fc6c-4571-9041-8b8df58d4186Post:1b38ed2f-61e6-4bba-ab94-a651d314a139">Re: Spray tan?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I look pretty orange and unnatural.
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

This is the issue in my mind.  Being Irish, I don't even try to tan; I'll just go in my natural blue.  But I've seen too many friends as brides or in the wedding party look orange.  Not so much in person, but they definitely looked orange in their pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're going to do spray tan do it witha human being, not a machine. it'll look more natural and they can adjust to your liking.
    if you're uncomfortable about getting bare in front of somebody then do the bed once/twice a week and dont use any lotions that have self tanner in them (they give you the orange color everybody hates)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got spray tanned by a person... so did my mom and a few BMs. I got a light coloring so I didn't look too fake, some got a little darker. No one went crazy with it. I think we all looked very natural. It did rub off a little on my dress, but not bad. I also went the Thurs morning before my Sat wedding.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just out of curiosity what didn't you like about Mystic Tan?   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    eh, skip the tan, it kills photographs IMO
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Felicia- I don't like Mystic Tan b/c it made me orange and wasn't even. I liked a person doing it a whole lot better b/c she could see where I needed it more or less, and get everywhere. I was able to tell her the way I wanted to look, and she adjusted what coloring she was using to be what I was looking for. It wasn't much more than the Mystic either.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    lmcit23lmcit23 member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to Metropolis Day Spa off of Harrison Street in Princeton and get their Chocolate Sun spray tan (ask for Brianna). They actually create a shade that goes with your skin and airbrush it on and it looked beautiful. I think I sent you my wedding pics already but I just looked a little sunkissed.

Best part, it didn't rub off on my dress aside from the inside seam. I would highly highly recommend it. :)
  • Options
    marianthebmariantheb member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Pink! I will look into Metropolis! 

• Options
    marianthebmariantheb member
    edited December 2011
    Also PINK, did you go multiple times or once was enough to do the trick? I think I will test it out this month since Metropolis isn't far from where I work....How long before the wedding did you go? I would love to go the Thursday before my wedding like amackay did, but I have work then the rehearsal dinner (we are doing 2 days before rather then the night before) so I could do Wed night or Friday morning...

• Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was Friday night, so I went Wednesday afternoon, got my waxing, mani and pedi done first and then got spray tanned. One time was perfect and Brianna was amazing at her little concoction she put together for my skin color. It looked really natural and not fake/orange at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards