New Jersey
Options

Westmount CC & Valley Regency Brides

All of the recommended choices from WCC and VR are on Rt 46, but was wondering if anyone is using a hotel on the Rt 3 corridor for their hotel room blocks? 

I did like the Crowne Plaza in Fairfield but I feel like their quote was a little high.... $129/$139 for standard/suite with no breakfast included.  She also quoted me prices without transportation, which I find odd since I thought most hotels through in the shuttle for free.

I was also thinking it might be nice for our OOT guests (which are alot) to be a little closer to NYC and public transportation in the Meadowlands area.  Also, future inlaws want to host the rehersal dinner in Weehaken and include all of the OOT guests, so would be closer for them.  But a hotel on Rt 3 might not provide the shuttle service.

Re: Westmount CC & Valley Regency Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a bride, but  there is a:

howard johnson in clifton on Rt 3

ramada inn on rt 3 in clifton

If you want something nicer (and more expensive) you have to go all the way to the meadowlands / lyndhurst area.

1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Fairfield Executive Inn (Rate $109) for summer 2012 wedding. Shuttle is included.  

But to answer your question there is a hotel that is adjacent to the red robin but i can't think of the name near clifton commons.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just an informative tid bit about shuttles as of late :o)
    You are correct in assuming that most hotels did include a free shuttle. However, over the past 2 years there has been a significant decline in the amount of hotels offering free shuttle service. In fact most of the hotels we looked at, out of 6, only one had a free shuttle. The others either had none and suggested a local limo company or offer a pay shuttle through them. The reasoning comes down to- you guessed it- mula$$! In the economic climate we are in right now, many hotels have opted to drop this service instead of having to keep a driver on payroll, keep insurance on the shuttle and pay daily for gas. Because so many of them are struggling to begin with, many have simply cut costs where ever they can. You'll also notice this in regards to breakfast/brunch the following morning. Many hotels have dropped it or have scaled it back significantly in efforts to further cut costs. We felt so relieved when we finally found a hotel that was close to our venue, looked lovely, would include a free shuttle for our guests and offerred them a free breakfast spread the following morning. 

Keep looking :o) You may have to slightly expand your search area, but you'll find one- so don't get nervous :o)

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards