New Jersey
Options

FedePhotography

Anyone have any experience with Fede of FedePhotgraphy?  He is very reasonably priced and his photos look pretty good. 

Separetly, sorry if this is a dumb question, but when photographers take B&W shots, do they have to select an option while taking the shot?  The reason I ask is Fede says that for a certain package, photos can be converted to B&W or Sepia.  I found the converting part to be odd.  Is that how it works anyway?

Re: FedePhotography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think everyone does it this way.  They shoot in color and convert some to B&W through software.  In some of the galleries that I've seen posted here, it even seems like the image-hosting website even offers it for every image even though the image exists there only in color.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I defer to User on this, but I believe most professional photographers would shoot in RAW format, which is easily changed from color to other color effects.  It is possible for photographers using digital SLR cameras to shoot in B&W, but I think that would make it impossible to get into color if they change their minds later so they tend to not do it.

Probably half of our wedding photos were changed over to B&W by the photographer, but we got color versions of all of the B&W photos.

And yes, a lot of image hosting sites let you switch, so it is a little strange that you can't switch back and forth.  But I would think he just doesn't want to deal with making the call himself on which should be B&W and which should be color?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uppereast is correct.  All images are shot in color and converted in post processing.  Some photographers will present you with a variation at their discretion and some hosting galleries do the conversion at the time you order "prints."  It sounds like he enables this feature in the online gallery if you select the higher package.

I checked out his website, looks like more of a "shoot and burn" photographer which isn't a bad thing if that is what you are looking for and intend to do prints, albums,etc yourself.  Doesn't seem to offer much in the line of album options.  The one he does offer doesn't seem to be a flush mount style, but the older picture inset style.

For the images he provides on CD, ask how many you get for around 10 hours of coverage.  Also ask what level of retouching they provide.  Last, ask to see a CD of a recent wedding that was given to a client to get an idea of what to expect.  Don't go by portfolio images, I doubt your images will be retouched to that level.

I wouldn't pay extra for the B&W or Sephia conversion

Once you add the engagement session, the prices don't appear to be as low any more.  Perhaps try to negotate that in.

Hope this helps
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks USER.  I will ask each of those questions! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I have been lurking FOREVER on these boards but never felt like making an account. However, when I saw this post I felt like it's time to bite the bullet and respond.

Fede is actually my photographer for my wedding! It hasn't happened yet so I can really speak about that portion of it, but when we met with Fede we really fell in love with his work and personality. He is very easy going and spent a ton of time with us going over hundreds of photos from weddings he has done.

I think photography is definitely personal taste but I love his style, and didn't want to order photos, just wanted the digital. If that is what you are looking for I think he is a great choice.

Feel free to PM me and let me know if you have any other questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards