New Jersey

Sole protector for wedding shoes

Hey girls,
This may seem slightly OCD but I really want to keep the soles of my shoes looking like new until the wedding day. For pictures and what not. I've only worn them around the house at this point on carpeted surfaces.

However FI and I are taking dance lessons this weekend and they recommended that I wear my wedding shoes :(. Any recommendations on how to keep the soles clean? I imagine something like ER scrub shoe thingies like surgeons use, but I don't know any surgeons. Any ideas?

Thanks ladies!
Cat

Re: Sole protector for wedding shoes

• felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could certainly get scrub shoe covers, but it might be a little dangerous to try and dance in.  It you are that worried maybe you can just use another pair of shoes that are the same height.  They really only tell you that because it will be very different dancing in a flat than a 3 inch heel.  So, again, I think as long as you are wearing a shoe that is similar in height you can keep you wedding shoes nice and clean.  
  • JerseyMLJerseyML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Felicia..just go with a very similar pair of shoes instead.  So you get the feel of the dance with out scratching up your wedding shoes. 
    "Do I look like a killer to you?" "Yes, you kill my patience." -Castle
  • edited December 2011
    I think the booties would be dangerous while dancing. Maybe tape up the bottom? But then there is always the issue of getting the tape off..
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Please don't take this as me being a b*tch, but they're the SOLES of your shoes... that's beyond OCD.  No one will be looking at them and wearing them to a dance studio a few times isn't going to destroy them by any means.  I think it'd be best for you to practice dancing in them and to continue breaking them in.  20 years from now you're going to laugh at how silly you're being. 
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ccandelaccandela member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sole-protector-wedding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:227ffb3c-5474-4cbc-87ff-852da64b0716Post:a9ce13f0-f0d7-479c-a8b9-aae478f9a1c1">Re: Sole protector for wedding shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please don't take this as me being a b*tch, but they're the SOLES of your shoes... that's beyond OCD.  No one will be looking at them and wearing them to a dance studio a few times isn't going to destroy them by any means.  I think it'd be best for you to practice dancing in them and to continue breaking them in.  20 years from now you're going to laugh at how silly you're being. 
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

<div>ROFL. I hear ya. I just wanted to put our initials in crystals on the soles and thought it would be nice for the photog to take a picture of it before the ceremony... maybe with rings or something. I'm sure the effect wouldn't be the same if the soles were scratched up...</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhhh, gotcha!  Haha, yeah, maybe you should've waited to do the crystals until after the dance lessons.  :-) 
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You dont have to wear the exact pair to learn how to dance in. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards