North Carolina

Seriously???? Vendor Tipping =(

Well, just when I thought I had everything figured out, I hear about vendor tipping. 

I don't know where I've been since I started planning this, but it was definitely not in tip-land. We JUST got all our vendors secured and in place and I definitely did not figure tips into any budget that I had planned.

I guess I have a few questions:

I read on another knot board that you don't tip people that own their own businesses. This would be my photog, DJ, cake lady, and florist, but that is basically all of them minus caterer/venue... is something weird about that?

Do you have to tip a venue owner? She's one of three partners...

Do you "tip" an officiant? We're already paying her (we didn't get any free passes for being church members, etc, is what I'm getting at with that.)

Of course the only unmentioned vendor left is the caterer, the one with the biggest bill. I read that you're supposed to tip them 20% (ouch ouch ouch) is this true? In our catering contract it says tips included-- does this mean tips for the waiters? Or tips like "please don't tip us at all, we're awesome like that".

I feel like such a dummy for just now realizing this. There's still plenty of time til the wedding, but I really feel comfortable with all the vendors and have all the deposits paid... I don't know. Help?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seriously???? Vendor Tipping =(

• Our venue was also our caterer... the taxes and gratuities were added into our total cost.
    Most of my vendors... florist, DJ, photographer... are self employed, so we did not tip them.... I did, however, write each of them a stellar review because they deserved it and would refer anyone I know to them.
    We did tip our limo driver and also the hair/makeup girls at the salon. Our officient is also a close friend, so in addition to her fee, we bought her a small thank you gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards