New Jersey

Need Help with MOB dress in North Jersey

Hi all,

My mom has been having no luck finding the right dress for my wedding. We're thinking that the designers traditionally sold at wedding stores (Jade, Jovani, etc) just aren't doing it for her, so we're going to try to look for maybe slightly more deisgner/evening gown kind of stores (if anyone knows Hartley in Westwood, that's kind of what we're thinking). The problem is my googling is coming up very blank. Does anyone have any recommendations? We'd love North Jersey but if you know of anything in Central Jersey, we might be willing to drive an hour or so!

Re: Need Help with MOB dress in North Jersey

• Castle Couture in Marlboro!  My mom also did not want a typical MOB dress and they had an amazing selection.  She ended up with a Pronovias evening gown.  They are also incredibly nice and took the time to really understand what she wanted.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about Talbot's or JCrew? Are those the right looks? My mom is also not going with a long gown/matching beaded jacket either.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-help-with-mob-dress-in-north-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:25a888a7-45b1-412b-b6ba-0385b91da373Post:c0438be8-7689-45a5-a955-45edfd00f530">Re: Need Help with MOB dress in North Jersey</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about Talbot's or JCrew? Are those the right looks? My mom is also not going with a long gown/matching beaded jacket either.
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

My mom actually wants the long gown look but none of the standard MOB dresses are seeming to fit quite right or do the trick. She doesn't want a lot of beading and such and it seems the ones without all the embellishments just aren't draped as well as she'd like. Talbot's might work though...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-help-with-mob-dress-in-north-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:25a888a7-45b1-412b-b6ba-0385b91da373Post:61f5b318-aaaf-4ef5-b6a6-61afd8154826">Re: Need Help with MOB dress in North Jersey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Castle Couture in Marlboro!  My mom also did not want a typical MOB dress and they had an amazing selection.  She ended up with a Pronovias evening gown.  They are also incredibly nice and took the time to really understand what she wanted.  Good luck!
    Posted by sh228955[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it on!
  • Definately check out Gatti Nolli in Ridgewood.. Also, check out Rina Di Montella (think that's how you spell it). My mom fell in love with one of her gowns.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hartley's is a good choice.  Also look at Tony Conte's in Hawthorne and both Goldstein and The Engle Shop in Englewood.  All have a great selection of those formal MOB dresses.
  • My Mom got her dress from Helen Bohn Bridal in Washington Twp - they have really nice dresses there! My Mom didn't want anything with like a beaded jacket or anything that would make her "frumpy" as she put it.
  • This may be a drive for you, but I highly recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth. I got my gown and my BM dresses there. My mom was going to buy her dress there, but found it elsewhere. They have a very large selection of MOB dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards