New Jersey
Options

DJ that does up lighting

I am trying to pick a venue and have always wanted up lighting. To chose between venues I have to price a DJ that does up lighting because some of the venues include up lighting and others do not. I am trying to be budget concious because my parents are paying and we don't have much money to spend. I don't mind paying for the DJ and lighting if needed but does anyone know a round about price of a DJ with up lighting?

Re: DJ that does up lighting

• Options
    I am looking into the same thing. I have heard from a few different companies and was quoted between 650-995. I would budget about 1000 for uplighting.
  • Options
    And that's just pricing for the uplighting alone right?
  • Options
    I was quoted $500 from one and $850 from another.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The cost of uplighting will depend on the size of your venue.  They charge per light, so the bigger the room the more lights you will need.  My DJ charges $75 per light (wireless LED, which I recommend).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    So basically I should just call a bunch of Dj's and ask for quotes? Do they give quotes over the phone?

Thank you all for your advice!!
  • Options
    Elite Sound Entertainment does all lighting.  For a full room it was $1k.  We negotiated till we turned blue in the face and we wound up getting it for free (I also had a bunch of other services with it so I'm not sure that helped).  Try them.. They're wonderful to work with and have top notch reviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lifetime Entertainment does DJ'ing and uplighting.  I'm not sure of the cost, because Waterside ended up installing their own lighting throughout the ballroom along w/flatscreens on the wall

http://www.lifetimeent.com/events.php
  • Options
    Posh Entertainment, they offer packages with uplighting.  Very willing to negogiate and very reasonable.  http://poshdjs.net
  • Options
    We are using NJ's Best DJ's - we booked the 2 person DJ/MC package and uplighting for the whole room and was able to negoiate down to $1595 for both.  We knew it was a good deal based on other quotes we received from DJ's.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow that is a great deal, I will defenitely have to make a phone call! Thanks!
  • Options
    My venue has uplighting so I only need intelligent lighting from our DJ.  We haven't booked one yet but we've looked at Mystical Entertainment and LJ Productions.
  • Options
    Gemini Productions is who I am going with and MC, DJ, and uplighting is costing us $1800
  • Options
    we are using gemini also they are great and reasonably priced
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Options
    FYI I just looked at my contract and Gemini is charging us $400 for uplighting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards