New Jersey

Nothing to do with my wedding....really just need to vent

So this really has nothing to do with my wedding, but here goes anyway...

My fiance and I are in the process of buying a house while we're planning our January 4th wedding.  We found a house we love, got prequalified for a mortgage, put in an offer on the house, and it was accepted by the seller.  The house is a short-sale, so the process takes a little longer than "normal" house buying.  So we were in attorney review for almost a month and a half, sorting out some details with the seller.  Since it took so long, our mortgage company had to rerun ALL of our information.

I got a phone call this morning from the mortgage company telling me that my fiance and I were no longer pre-approved because his credit score dropped 80 points.  I asked her what that was from, since nothing has changed with his finances/bill payments.  She looked and told me it was a late credit card payment.  When she said that, I was REALLY confused, because my fiance doesn't have a credit card, only his debit card.  Regardless, she gave me the company and account number to research it.

I called my fiance at work about it and he said he didn't have a credit card (like I already knew) but that his mom and stepdad have a credit card with that company.  He called them, and it turns out, they listed him as an "approved card user".  Turns out, they paid their July bill late, and for whatever reason, that nails his credit score too??

UGHHHH!  If we don't get our mortgage and house because of this, I'm going to flip!!  Sorry for the rant, I've just been so upset since she called this morning. :(

Re: Nothing to do with my wedding....really just need to vent

• KMaskerKMasker member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    If you call the credit card company and write a letter they will take him off as an approved card holder and take it off his credit. (I had to do that with my ex husband) It may take a couple of months but it works. You can also dispute it with the credit agency.

We were going thru the short sale process and I know your pain. You still have time because as soon as you think things are moving it slows down. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!  I'll definitely talk to him tonight about sending them a letter to remove it.  It really has been such a long and slow process so far.  Just when attorney review wrapped up and I thought we were moving forward, I got that phone call this morning.  So frustrating!
  • that is so frustrating. hang in there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards