New Jersey
Options

tax on wedding dresses in NJ??

I am trying to figure out if I should shop for my wedding dress in NJ (where the wedding is and parents live) or in MD (where I live).  I was wondering if there was tax on wedding dresses in NJ, because that could be the difference of a couple hundred dollars, if there was no tax in NJ. I also heard of a luxury tax that might apply in NJ.
Any help would be great! Thanks!

Re: tax on wedding dresses in NJ??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my wedding dress in NYC and then had it shipped to NJ because that way, there's no tax. The shipping was far less than the tax would've been. No idea what happens if you buy a dress in NJ, but I just wanted to throw it out there!
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no sales tax on clothing in NJ.  I'm assuming wedding dresses count, but I'll go look at my receipt to make sure.

Photobucket
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope, no tax

Photobucket
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did not pay any tax on mine and it was bought in NJ
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Found it in NYC, bought it in NJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bought in NJ for this reason. Found it in NYC and bought in NJ (Priscilla of Boston)
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, NO Sales tax on Wedding Dresses, Veils and shoes in NJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Even though there is no sales tax the dresses are significantly more expensive then other states. I live in New Jersey and have shopped for dresses here, ohio and Chicago. The same dress by the same designer was hundreds of dollars more expensive in jersey!
  • Options
    This thread is 4 years old. @KnotPorscha‌
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards