New Jersey

invitation wording.. NEED HELP

I need help wording my wedding invite. My fiances' mother passed away a few yrs ago but we would like to include her name somehow on the invite. Both our parents are paying for our reception so we would also like the wording to show that as well.  I looked up wording for invites and they do not make sense because it sounds like his mother is throwing us the wedding. Please just need a little advice on this topic. Thanks!

Re: invitation wording.. NEED HELP

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My husband's father is deceased, and we wanted to honor him on our invitations. Here is what we did: The honour of your presence is requested At the Nuptial Mass uniting Bride Daughter of MOB and FOB and Groom Son of MOG and the late FOG This worked really well for us. We also had a reception card as part of the invitation suite, specifying that my mom was hosting the reception. The RD invitations specified that my MIL and her new husband were hosting that event. So everyone who contributed was singled out in some way, and we got to honor our dads on the actual invite.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• thank you so much! that sounds perfect. My fiance likes this verse as well. How did you word the reception card ?
  • thank you so much! that sounds perfect. My fiance likes this verse as well. How did you word the reception card ?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_invitation-wording-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:30a12b1a-317e-4dd7-91cc-3e2beb22a967Post:6d2ccd60-623b-47f6-82ac-256ccbe9eacd">Re: invitation wording.. NEED HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you so much! that sounds perfect. My fiance likes this verse as well. How did you word the reception card ?
    Posted by twin2gv1[/QUOTE]

Mrs. MOB requests the pleasure of your company
    At a reception in honor of the newlyweds
    For cocktails, dinner and dancing

I'd be happy to send you a picture of the invitation and reception card laid out, just PM me your email.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We went with the "TOgether with their parents" wording 

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards