New Jersey

Old Tappan Manor and Mayfair Farms

Hi all!

The FI and I are starting to narrow down our list of venues for our reception (doing a church wedding, so not looking for ceremony spaces).  Right now, we have two more places we definitely want to see (Woodcliff Manor and Perona Farms), but we also have two top choices: Old Tappan Manor and Mayfair Farms.  Anyone been to weddings at either of these or booked your wedding here?  I'd love to just get some feedback to help us make a choice when it comes time!

Thanks!

Re: Old Tappan Manor and Mayfair Farms

• Ive been to Mayfair farms!  It was great!  The only thing that bothered me a little was lack of chairs at cocktail hour.  It was hard trying to stand and hold your bag and your drink and trying to eat at the same time.  But this was only one minor detail I didn't like.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I looked at Old Tappan Manor when searching for venues. My brothers friend got had their reception there last July and I believe they had a good experience. You might want to look at Il'Villaggio too. That's what ended up beating Old Tappan Manor for me. Good luck!
  • What room at Mayfair are you looking at?  I'm getting married in the upstairs room this October, so if you have any questions about it specifically, feel free to PM me :)

(Or here, since others might find it helpful too)
  • Old Tappan was AMAZING!  I had my wedding there about a week ago and it was amazing!  attached is the video clip from the DJ's perspective!  It was great and I got a TON of compliments on the place. Food was fabulous and the owners were amazing!  Alex was super accomodating and nice!  If you go there tell your guest to wear loose clothes because theres tons of food!  Hope everything works out!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NicoleAnita - I'm looking at the upstairs rooms, for sure (150+).  I wouldn't go for the downstairs - too cramped.  How did you like the food?  Do you find they were accomodating for any special requests?  What made you choose them?

Thanks everyone else, too, especially those who liked the food at Old Tappan - as they don't do a tasting until after you book, we've been kind of worried about that aspect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards