North Carolina

PA girl getting married in NC...and LOST!

Hi all!  I am getting married in Emerald Isle on August 3 and I am starting to freak out!  It is my 2nd wedding, his first and we want a laid back, causal, fun celebration.  We have the event house rented and are planning on marrying on the beach and having the party in the yard of the house after.  I have hired a BBQ caterer who will do pulled pork and grill steaks there, plus all the sides.  I have the vendor for tables and chairs and I have the priest lined up.  I have a DOC too.  But I have no idea who to use for flowers, a cake or a DJ (if we decide to hire one as opposed to using an i-pod).  I never know what boards to post on for this, as Emerald Isle isn't "Outer Banks" (is it?).  Anyway, you all seem friendly and knowledgable, so I though I would ask here!  Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: PA girl getting married in NC...and LOST!

• edited December 2011
    No, Emerald Isle isn't in the Outer Banks.  It's on what we call the Crysal Coast.  I would recommend DJ Professionals for your DJ.  I'm pretty sure they services that area.  Unfortunately,  I don't have any suggestions for flowers and cake for that area.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the NC board! I also live north of Pittsburgh and am planning a wedding in NC, Greensboro (middle of the state)! Good luck :) My wedding will be on July 16th! Let me know if you wanna get together and throw around ideas. I will be doing barbeque as well :) Really excited about that!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I just sent them an e-mail asking for rates/availability.  It's just a little difficult to plan this from so far away!  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_pa-girl-getting-married-ncand-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:421d96e2-e6b0-4a18-bf35-df968f2a989aPost:930271a4-b9d2-462c-9ed6-6fae6785edbe">Re: PA girl getting married in NC...and LOST!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the NC board! I also live north of Pittsburgh and am planning a wedding in NC, Greensboro (middle of the state)! Good luck :) My wedding will be on July 16th! Let me know if you wanna get together and throw around ideas. I will be doing barbeque as well :) Really excited about that!
    Posted by rdhilton[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Do you have your caterer yet?  Are you planning an outdoor wedding?  I was fine until this past week...for some reason I started thinking of a million things that I need to do or that I feel might go wrong.  Don't you find it hart to plan from so far away?  Good to hear from another Pittsburger!  Go Steelers!  LOL

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I am having the ceremony in a church, but the reception is at a friend of the family's barn :) So it will be outdoor/indoor...mostly outdoor. Yes, I have a caterer we ended up going with a well known barbeque place from around here that serves up great food for such an amazing price. Im on a tight budget so we are DYIing it up :) I went what you are going through about 3 weeks ago! Trust me I know how you are feeling! I just moved to Pittsburgh about 3 months ago, before I was in Harrisburg, PA. Good luck planning! Good thing about everything is no matter what happens, you will be married at the end of the day, and everyone there is there for you, and to see you happy! :)
  • edited December 2011
    you are right about that! 
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend kathy Canby Cakes.  She is incredible! We used her for our wedding cake and she did a great job. Her cake is so moist and yummy, and you can't beat the price. Definitely check her out!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestion!  I looked at her website and her cakes look great.  I will have to call her!
  • lvsshutterlvsshutter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to NC! I also grew up in PA and moved here 4 years ago - it's a great place to live! 

Brent & Anna Deitrich
    Live View Studios
    http://liveviewstudios.com
    Nationally Featured Wedding & Fashion Photographers

Wedding Dates still available for 2012!
    Enter our Free Wedding Giveaway with Heart Love Weddings HERE

• edited December 2011

Thank you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards