North Carolina

It's Wednesday. poll

It's also the last day of August.  So let's talk about September.

- What are you looking forward to in September?

- What are you not looking forward to in September?

- Do you set up a monthly budget or meal plan at the end/beginning of a month?

- What did you mean to get done in August but didn't?

- Do you have September travel planned?

- We're 2/3 through the year today.  What were your 2011 goals? Are you 2/3 through?

Re: It's Wednesday. poll

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Cooler weather. I love the fall time. I love being able to have our windows open during the day and at night. It's getting closer to the prime temperatures for that thankfully!

Midterms. Bleh. Thankfully it's the last semester!
    This is will also be our first September without Mema (her 105th bday would have been Sept 20th)

Yup. We take out a certain amount of cash each month at the beginning and divide it up 'Food' 'Gas' and 'Other' and try to only use the cash. So far we've done really good.
    We also try to plan meets for the weeks, but since classes started, I've gotten a little slack on that. Whoops.

Learning to 'coupon' better and gardening. I can still do those things though :)

Nope, but we're going to Williamsburg and Howl-O-Scream with the neighbors in October!! :)

- We're 2/3 through the year today.  What were your 2011 goals? Are you 2/3 through?
    My goal was the graduate in December. Assuming I dont royally F myself, I should be good to go! DH and I had a goal to travel more and so far we're doing pretty good with that too, and on a budget! Yay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cooler weather and hopefully everything with the wedding coming together so I can quit stressing, and COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

I'm excited to move my stuff into FI's apt but I am not looking forward to the actual moving process :-P

Not right now since I'm still living with my parents Undecided but we will once I move in!

I meant to go to the gym a lot more than I did and I meant to have my invitations completely finished and they're not.

No, the only "travel" I do right now is make the 2 hour drive to see FI on as many weekends as we're both free :)

To quit biting my nails and I succeeded Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - What are you looking forward to in September? Starting puppy classes with our new puppy.

- What are you not looking forward to in September? The days getting shorter.

- Do you set up a monthly budget or meal plan at the end/beginning of a month? We're trying it out this month.  We always "live within our means", but I know we could do a much better job and end up putting cash in the bank if we planned it out instead of just bumbling along. 

- What did you mean to get done in August but didn't? Painting the office and bedroom and bathroom in the new house.

- Do you have September travel planned? Just weekend trips around NC.

- We're 2/3 through the year today.  What were your 2011 goals? Are you 2/3 through? I am NOT 2/3 of the way through the CPA exam.  Boo.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance's birthday and hopefully cooler temperatures.

Seeing my future in laws for my fiance's brithday.

We set up a budget using Mint.com. We don't really check it anymore but we just got in the habit of spending about that much each month. 

Lots of DIY wedding projects.

We are going to Wilmington for one night just to visit our favorite college hangout spots! 

To lose some weight for the wedding.  I started going to Jazzercise and loved it but I wasn't losing any weight.  I was getting very toned though.  I need to go back because I miss it! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    - What are you looking forward to in September?My wedding! My birthday! My brother's 21st birthday! My sister's birthday! My niece's birthday!

- What are you not looking forward to in September?Im looking forward to the whole month, its my fav!!

- Do you set up a monthly budget or meal plan at the end/beginning of a month?Yes, I have a budget set up from now until the middle of next year. I try to set up a meal plan, but I get lazy and don't feel like cooking 4 out of 7 days in the week.

- What did you mean to get done in August but didn't?A couple of wedding projects that I thought I would have tackled by now, but i'll get to it this weekend.

- Do you have September travel planned? Yes! We are going to Vegas, Disneyland, The Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon for our honeymoon!

- We're 2/3 through the year today.  What were your 2011 goals? Are you 2/3 through?My 2011 goals I haven't reached just yet, but the year's not over yet. I want to be a good wife, travel more, move out of our apartment, and start saving for our house. I am planning on spending the rest of the year doing those things.
    Photobucket

• jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - What are you looking forward to in September? Finishing up last minute wedding details! 

- What are you not looking forward to in September? The onslaught of massive amounts of schoolwork.

- Do you set up a monthly budget or meal plan at the end/beginning of a month?I try to set up a monthly budget, and really need to get better at it. Do I smell a new years revolution? ;)

- What did you mean to get done in August but didn't? A few wedding things, need to do my programs and get the big frame for guest book signing. 

- Do you have September travel planned? I do not, wish I did! I was planning on going down to Florida to see my best friend, but I don't think that's going to happen.

- We're 2/3 through the year today.  What were your 2011 goals? Are you 2/3 through? 2011 goal was to mainly get my butt to the gym more often and I have definitely done that! I have for sure been slacking though now that school has started up. Need to find a way to get there between work and school work. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    What are you looking forward to in September?
    lots!!! 1) this weekend i'm going to swansboro with FI and friends for what we call "fat and happy" weekend. 2) my grandpa's WWII reunion is next week in DC so me, FI, and whole family are going (its a yearly trip to different places in USA) 3) my sister just had her 1st baby (yay!) and i'm going to visit her and baby niece 4) my 25th birthday!!

school work...sort of an on going thing.

no but FI does lol

nothing...stayed on track pretty well ;)

haha see above

my goals were to make it through the fall semester (of my last year in grad school!) and stay on track with wedding plans :) yep!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding!!

tropical storm Katia (or any other)

not really

cant think of anything

yes...cruise to Cozumel for our honeymoon :)

to lose weight for the wedding. I've lost some but not as much as I wanted
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's Thuirsday. Am I still allowed to do this?
    New seasons of prime time TV
    School starting (teaching)
    No
    Make a wedding album
    No
    My goal is to read 25 books and I've read 18 so..... yup! Just over 2/3 through.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
This discussion has been closed.