North Carolina

Stables/barns in or around Asheville?

Does anyone know of stables or barns near Asheville that would allow me to have my ceremony (and maybe reception) there? 

I'm planning on a small wedding, 50-55 people max, and not getting married until 2014.

Re: Stables/barns in or around Asheville?

• edited December 2011
     r u fur reel??
  • nschudernschuder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Claxton farms is in Weaverville and is a great place.
  • shadowkat08shadowkat08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea: Yes, I am 'fur reel'. I do not wish to be married in a church, and prefer the rustic charm of a barn or stable.

Nschuder and Ermengarde: Thanks, both of these look wonderful!
  • heatherjesseheatherjesse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we considered the barn at Biltmore.  it's one of the cheaper areas there and is very nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shadowkat08shadowkat08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather: I have fallen in LOVE with the barn at Biltmore, and wish to have it there. However I would like to have other options just in case money becomes an issue.
  • SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The barn at Biltmore is very expensive. I think it's the cheapest venue on the property but it's still up there.

The Farm in Candler is really nice. I catered an event there once and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Lightening hit the water pump and all the water stopped working like 30 mins before the ceremony. No running water at wedding=worst scenario ever. The staff had someone out there and it was fixed within an hour. I was impressed.
  • lornashlornash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Hi Heather,

We have a beautiful outdoor setting with Blue Ridge Mountain views just 15 minutes south of Asheville. There's no barn, but our prices are very affordable. Visit our website with wedding page and video. For more information, please call Garry Sherrill at 828-891-9412.
    http://cummingscove.com/weddings.htm
  • SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No vendors. reported
  • TobeSASTobeSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Hidden River Events, just outside Asheville. So far they have been great. They have a number of stables on the site. it is an old horse farm. They have been great to work with so far. They are handling a lot of the details for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_stablesbarns-around-asheville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:4406d1b5-d519-4c0c-81fa-e81e71a5719fPost:974a49e5-f993-4b97-bf3a-1b785962dd1e">Re: Stables/barns in or around Asheville?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No vendors. reported
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

Thanks for catching this! Somehow I missed it, but they've been banned. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards