New Jersey
Options

Is it worth it

to get bridal ballet shoes incase my feet hurt? I have my shoes that I am going to order for the day of but will I be too busy to even change? My bridal suite will be a few floors away from where the reception is.

Re: Is it worth it

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that ballet shoes don't offer much support, so it might be counter-intuitive to get them in order to give your feet a break from heels. Plus there might be a big difference in where the hem of your gown stops if you switch from heels to ballet flats (unless you're wearing flats to start with?).

As far as whether it's worth it to have comfier shoes on hand, IDK. I guess it couldn't hurt. Instead of leaving them in the suite, could you just arrange to have them waiting for you under your chair in case you want to change? That way you don't have to go running around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope not worth it.  I bought the ballet shoes, never touched them.  At the last 30 minutes or so when my feet were done I just took off my shoes.  Yes, I know disgusting floors, what if something happened, bare feet how tacky, blah blah blah.  Who cares, it was fun and reminded me of when I put socks on to dance at Bat Mitzvahs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, just dont want to buy them and never use them!
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually going to buy ballet shoes to wear because I'm tall and my dress was just long enough, but they told me in the store not to.  Like MB said, they don't offer any support.  Instead, I ordered a shoes with an incredibly low heel and a strap over my foot (almost like a little girl's shoe).
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards