New Jersey
Options

Recommended Photographers in the 3k Range +/- $500

Hello everyone. Sorry for all the questions regarding photographers but its one of the checks I want to cross off. Any recommendations would be great. Price is flexible but anything in the 4k + range will probably be too much. Everyone has commented how good Jason Rhee is on this site but I also heard good things about Robert Wayne Photography. Anyone else have experience with these photographers or others in this price range?? Specifics about the types of albumns included would be great. Thank you!!

Re: Recommended Photographers in the 3k Range +/- $500

• Options
    altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I booked with Michael Distasio after meeting with a few photogs. They do video and photog (2 photogs or 1 photog and asst.), he does b&w, sepia, colors, traditional poses and candids. I loooved his portfolio and met with them at many bridal shows. I also got the photobooth for the full time which added costs and we were able to see videos (which are in HD and have scene selections).
    He runs specials all the time i.e. the one at xmas was as follows: (see below)

The only thing is we havent done our photos yet so I cant be 100% sure but so far hes been really great and so has his asst Sharon.
        www.mkphotographicartist.com/" title="http://www.mkphotographicartist.com/">http://www.mkphotographicartist.com/

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!!!!

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY

Full day wedding coverage from the bride’s home to the end of the formalities

Photography Includes:

Photojournalistic & Documentary blended style of photography / Personalized website password protected for one year / view or buy photos One 12x12 coffee style album leather or leather picture cover Album includes 100 photographs with a mixture of color, black & white, Sepia tone, hand tinted and infrared photographs / one 16x20 Wall Portrait two 11x14 wall portraits for the parents / 100 thank you cards with pictures/Two 8x8 parents album clones

Free Photo booth Rental up to 3 hours of photo booth fun for all your family & friends you will receive two 2x6 film strips one for your guests and one for you to keep.

Your Investment …………………………$3,750

For A Limited Time Only………………….$2,750

Ask about our HD Videography specials starting at $1,350

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did book with Robert Wayne Photography and feel very good about our decision.  We met with Sean Patrick who's in that price range, but we finally decided his style of photography, while very good, wasn't really right for us.  We met Anthony Ziccardi, too.  He advertises here and is a Best of Knot, but once we got to see his larger portfolio in person, we found his photography to be a little blah (IMO).  HIs albums were also a little on the lower end, too.

Your budget is similar to ours.  For us, RWP's style of photography struck us just right, he seems like a real nice guy to work with, and you'll be surprised at the quality of album you can afford with him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Geri Nelson and her coverage prices are in this range, albums are more $$. I loved her style and personality and she was great to have around on the wedding day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used (and loved) Chris Jorda.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mattraineyweddings.com
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We booked with Alex Rodrigues at W8Photography.  He's in your price range.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

we used schroder photography....and we are very happy with our pictures and the album etc.....

also, i saw someone suggest geri nelson, friends of mine used her and they got a lot of great shots

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rr2011rr2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Christopher Lane.

He did our engagement shoot and we love the pictures. We picked him based on price (very reasonable and doesn't charge a lot of extra for additional time or a second photographer) and his mix of editorial and wedding work.
  • Options
    GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also using Robert Wayne Photography.  We were really struggling over photography until we met with him.  I absolutely love his photographic style.  That's a personal taste kind of thing, I suppose, but we did find his style a little different and it's just right for us. 

And we were very impressed with his albums.  It seems like we looked at so many albums from other photographers and we thought they were all very nice until we saw the Zookbinder albums he offers.  And at prices that are pretty much the same as those other albums.

LIke I said, we looked at so many photographers and really felt uncertain, but by the time we finished our initial meeting with Bob, it became a no-brainer for us based on our tastes, budget, and what we wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    neil van neikerk of One Perfect Moment in wayne is fantastic! we only did engagement pictures so far and everyone loved them! i am pretty sure he charges $3,000 for day of photography, hi-res cd & engagement session (albums are extra)....definitely worth checking out trust me!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jessica Urzua of Jessica Lauren Photography.  Some epics are in my bio.
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used and love Jason Rhee!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your suggesstions. I booked appointments with Jason Rhee and Robert Wayne for next week and I will be looking into everyone elses photographers as well. Keep them coming! I love to hear everyone's experiences.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Geri Nelson has some beautiful photos on her site, but if here coverage alone is 3k + then adding the albums will probably be out of my price range. It's a shame. Her style is similar to what we're looking for.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Stephen from Divine Studios  www.divine-studios.com   He is in brooklyn but travels, no problem.  They have a couple different packages in your price range depending on what you are looking for.  You can also go to online proofing and click on Felicia and Keith 6/26/2010 and see some of our photos to get an idea, ours isn't password protected like some of the other ones are.  

I have to say that they were hands down the best vendor we worked with and we love our pictures!  He has other photographers that he works with that all have different shooting styles so they may have what you are looking for.  
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Shelley and Keith Photography. Our package was $3800 and included our album and all the high resolution digital prints with 8 hours of coverage and 2 photographers. They were amazing and I'd use them again in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_recommended-photographers-2500-3k-range?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:431e2534-e00c-47a7-8cce-2e4c0dce36e7Post:8f90a97d-6565-4aa4-aba4-4e84f71df86a">Re: Recommended Photographers in the 3k Range +/- $500</a>:
    [QUOTE]Geri Nelson has some beautiful photos on her site, but if here coverage alone is 3k + then adding the albums will probably be out of my price range. It's a shame. Her style is similar to what we're looking for.
    Posted by Pharo47[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I had a hard time finding a photog with that style for less, and we figured that we could always pay for albums after the wedding, when we weren't quite so broke. Maybe check out Erica Lynn? Good luck!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ShellyNMarkShellyNMark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try CIP Studios in CHester. www.studioCIP.com
    Stark STudio in pine Brook. www.starkstudioNJ.com

I also think any photog suggested on this subject would work within your budget.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards