New Jersey

Bridesmaid thank you/friendship poem?

I bought these adorable thank you for being my bridesmaids cards and other then writing what i want to write i also thought i'd write a short poem. Was wondering if anyone had any nice ones.

thanks

Re: Bridesmaid thank you/friendship poem?

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not just write a nice note about how thankful you are/how much they mean to you?  I'm sure that will mean a lot more to them than a generic poem you got from the internet.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp that a from-the-heart note of thanks would be nicer than a poem, but I just did a quick search online and found these:

1)
    When I think of all the times we've shared
    from the silly to the sad
    You've been the greatest friend to me
    through good times and through bad.
    We love to get crazy from time to time,
    that's what friends are supposed to do
    But when times get rough
    there is never a doubt that I can count on you.
    We have the kind of friendship
    that endures til the very end
    Because I can't imagine my life without you-
    My Bridesmaid and My Close Friend.

2) *You can make this one future tense if you're giving the thank you card before the wedding*

This poem is a way to say

How dear you are to me,

And offer you my heartfelt thanks

For being there for me.

While I walked down the aisle

As a very happy bride,

Please know it meant so much to me

To have you by my side.

So, do not think that things will change

Because I'm now

a wife. You'll always hold a special place

Of honor in my life.

3)
    Today I wed the one I love,
    And life won't be the same.
    But still I know you're there for me
    If I should call your name.

You've been the best friend you could be
    And always shown you cared.
    And I will treasure evermore
    Adventures we have shared.

I'm thankful I can count on you,
    For all the things you do.
    And I'm so glad that I can say,
    I have a friend like you.

We know not what the future holds,
    And we may have to part.
    But you will always be with me,
    Forever in my heart.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well i am going to write a note in the card to thank them i just thought i'd put a short poem in there too.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should skip the poem personally, I wrote from my heart individually to them how I felt about them and how grateful I was for them to be in my life.
  • VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea i just f*cked one up HA! just the name. oops. Yea well i didnt find any good ones so i'll just write them the note and thats all.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's nice Vanessa.  I don't think a poem would add much value anyway, right?

Peaches, I like that the protagonist in the third poem is telling her friend thanks for your hard work, and I know that if I need you in the future you'll be there for me -- but then she makes no representations that she'll be there for her friend or will do anything for her, and in fact has no issue in pointing out that that now that she's married they'll drift apart.  I love internet poems.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridesmaid-thank-youfriendship-poem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:48d135d5-9457-4251-9fbd-df7ba7a77e2ePost:c4ccc4dc-c6f2-4fdc-9e16-70d0ed5383fa">Re: Bridesmaid thank you/friendship poem?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that's nice Vanessa.  I don't think a poem would add much value anyway, right? Peaches, I like that the protagonist in the third poem is telling her friend thanks for your hard work, and I know that if I need you in the future you'll be there for me -- but then she makes no representations that she'll be there for her friend or will do anything for her, and in fact has no issue in pointing out that that now that she's married they'll drift apart.  I love internet poems.
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

You made me giggle, I cringe at poems.
  • edited December 2011
    HAHAHA... don't shoot the messenger!!!  All I did was cut and paste and first ones I saw.   :-)
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/sites/weddings/pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridesmaid-thank-youfriendship-poem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:48d135d5-9457-4251-9fbd-df7ba7a77e2ePost:48e3c7a1-513a-41fe-826c-2b8da7a08f68">Re: Bridesmaid thank you/friendship poem?</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHA... don't shoot the messenger!!!  All I did was cut and paste and first ones I saw.   :-)
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

<div>I know, I know :)  I just thought that one was kind of funny if you really read it.  I think it stuck out to me when I read the second line about how things will really change now that she's married (because that definitely wasn't true in my case).</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards