New Jersey

When did you register?

Just wondering if I am supposed to register before the e-party.  Do people expect you to be registered yet?  When did you register?  TIA

Re: When did you register?

• edited December 2011
    I didn't have an e-party. I registered a few months before my showers.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We registered about 8 or 9 months out.

We didn't have an e-party. We got a few things (and checks) as engagement gifts, though. We also got some wedding-related things as Christmas gifts but none of it was from the registry we'd made (for example, we got toasting flutes, but it wasn't the set we'd registered for).
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had an e-party in may of last year and registered in march... i wasn't going to but everyone in my family told me that i should - they all wanted to buy off of a registry to make sure they got us the things we really needed. we only registered for things we knew we would need like coffee maker, pots, bakeware, china, everyday dishes, glasses, etc. we just finished up our registery adding bedding, towels, and houseware items in february for my shower which will prob be in june
  • acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged in February and registered in July.  We didn't really plan on having an e-party until August.  
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got engaged in November.. Registered 3 weeks later in case people got us gifts for the holidays... which they did.  Register before the engagement party, that way you don't get fluff gifts. 
  • edited December 2011
    We got engaged last nov. Did not have an E-party but got a few gifts/checks anyway. We registered in September/Octoberish of this year and got some things for Christams this year. Shower was in February. So about 8 months out.
  • edited December 2011
    I registered soon after we got engaged.  We didn't have an e-party but once my family found out about it they kept asking my mom for gift ideas so we just went ahead and started our registries.
  • edited December 2011
    We got engaged in November and pretty much registered shortly after because everyone was already asking us if we were. It was good that we did as we got some things off of our registry for Christmas.
  • rachaelb16rachaelb16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I am going to get on this!
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had an e-party but we didn't register until last week. (our e-party was last July)  I wasn't really into the whole registering thing,  I found it to be cumbersome and was told by others that I was acting more like a groom then a bride....haha 

I will say this, I wish that we had registered for at least a few things before the e-party because we ended up with two sets of toasting glasses that we could not return.  One from FMIL and one from my Aunt.  So now we actually have to use both glasses on that day, not to offend anyone, and I didn't want to waste all the money they spent.  Both sets were very expensive.  Moral of my un-necessarily long story, If you are having an e-party register before then and then have family pass the word, to help avoid getting into my situation.   
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't have an e party and registered 6 months out
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards