New Jersey
Options

Conservatory at Sussex Fairgrounds

Has anyone had their wedding the Conservatory at Sussex Fairgrounds?  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Conservatory at Sussex Fairgrounds

• Options
    This place looks lovely! silver0319: can you post any information you find out about it?
  • Options
    I haven't heard back anything from their contact, but FI and I drove through the grounds the other day between venue appointments in the area.  

The building itself is beautiful; everything we're looking for.  Exposed beams, ironwork, lots of light, etc.  Its close proximity to other buildings (like the livestock barns) was a little disappointing.  I'm sure it's perfect for another couple, but just wasn't for us.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I got in touch with Mark, the executive director, about looking at the conservatory for my wedding, and this is an excerpt from his email response:

Thank you very much for your interest and inquiry regarding The Conservatory & Courtyard at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. This new venue has recently been added to our property and is an exquisite building that lends itself to all styles of social events – particularly a wedding reception. A versatile and flexible building – you can create and customize your event accordingly. The Conservatory can accommodate up to 240 guests for a sit-down affair.

We recently completed the Courtyard area with lush landscape gardens, hard scape designs and water features – that creates a fabulous backdrop for wedding ceremonies, outdoor receptions and photo opportunities. Rental pricing on this facility is dependant on the type of affair and seasonality of such. Our typical rental fee schedule is $3,500 - $3,750 for The Conservatory & Courtyard area along with the adjacent Farm Fun Building that the caterer can use as their satellite kitchen and prep area. This rental encompasses a five hour event and is extremely flexible regarding your timeframe and schedule parameters. Whether entertaining the idea of a morning, mid-afternoon or evening event – please be assured that we offer this rental for a one time event only per day – assuring you that your time spent here at The Sussex County Fairgrounds is special.

Although we don’t require a client to specifically use a particular caterer – we do recommend some of the finest within Sussex County due to the complexities of the property that allows for a very seamless event. I have attached our preferred vendor list for your review.

For additional information and or pictures, please visit us on the web at: www.mjstatefair.org/conservatory or visit us on Facebook under Sussex County Fairgrounds where you can view additional photo’s that portray The Conservatory and Courtyard areas.

• Options
    For anyone who comes across this looking for information (like I did last month) here is some updated information. 

They are in process of changing executive directors so I recommend that you call directly and do not try to email. It took me about a month of trying to get into contact with the right person, but I was set on this location. I am happy to say that I just got the lease for the site in the mail yesterday and couldn't be more excited!!

One thing to keep in mind is that there are no restrooms in the conservatory. you can either walk to the ones on the property or rent a trailer (they will help you with that process).
  • Options
    afrdrxafrdrx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    How far is it to walk to the restrooms without renting a trailor?
  • Options
    mollylemiremollylemire member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    not sure yet. going to check it out in a couple of weeks. My parents toured it in April but did not remember specifically the distance.
  • Options
    Has anyone had a wedding here yet? I am really interested but worried about the bathroom situation. Anyone have the bathroom trailer and what is it like?
  • Options
    Last year we went to look at it and it is really quite beautiful, but the rental was somewhere around $2500, plus bathroom rental, dance floor (unless you don't mind bare concrete), DJ, catering, etc. They did have plans to have bathrooms installed by 2014, but I don't know if that process is complete.
  • Options
    They still have not built permanent bathroom next to the conservatory. it is $800 for the standard rental and $1200 for the deluxe. The portable bathroom trailers are actually really nice. They bring the trailer inside an adjacent building, you do not have to go outside. 

We are not renting a dance floor, I do not mind concrete. 

I love this space because I get to bring everything in and really make the day our own.  
  • Options
    Does anyone have any updated pricing?
  • Options
    TheMoezTheMoez member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    Including the bathroom trailer rental we are paying about $5,000. This includes table and chairs. PM me if you have any other questions. 
  • Options
    JlerroJlerro member
    First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Has anyone gotten married there or attended a wedding while a festival was happening? Did it impact the wedding?
  • Options
    TheMoezTheMoez member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    I have not attended a wedding there and my wedding isn't until next month, but I wouldn't think a festival would impact very much because the of the location of the conservatory in relation to the rest of the grounds. There is separate parking and if you rent bathrooms you will not have to share them. The only thing it might impact is if you want to take pictures on the grounds and if the festival included a loud music stage of some sort.  
  • Options
    Hi does anyone have a contact number? I have tried several times to call but I have not received a response back, thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards