North Carolina
Options

Hello Everyone!

So I am getting married 2 years from now on May 18, 2013. Even though it is 2 years from now, what can I start planning now?

Re: Hello Everyone!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    I got engaged July 2010 and am getting married May 2012 so I was in the same boat.

Pretty much all you can do right now is "window shop," Start looking into venues and see what you like. I wouldn't start making deposits until you're a little over a year out. 

You can also start looking at websites to see what kind of dress you want and start looking at photographers, they book up quick.

Good luck with your planning and it does kind of go by fast so don't worry about that part.
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could also start thinking about a budget range that you're comfortable with. If you're paying for it, two years gives you a good amount of time to save up, which is always awesome.

random advice, I'd highly recommend waiting to ask anyone to be in your wedding party until you're much much closer to the wedding (just in case you had already started thinking about this)

Anyways, congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second what NCSUpsych says! We had a two year engagement and it went by super fast!! Definitely set a budget and start saving for it. FI and I paid for our wedding ourselves and im glad we started saving early! I would look at photogs about a year and a half out, they do book up fast and their pricing goes up every year, so its better to book early. Congrats on your engagement and we look forward to hearing more about your wedding plans!
    Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards