New Jersey

DJs and Photographers under $1000

Hi all. I need help trying to fit a DJ and photog in the budget. I 'm looking for a DJ with uplighting and a photographer for $1000 each near Spring Lake, NJ. Thank you for any suggestions

Re: DJs and Photographers under $1000

• There's a deal on Groupon for a wedding photographer that you may want to look into:
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You have to wonder how desperate they are for business to be running a Groupon ad for their services. Groupon take 50% of their fee. So for the 800 package, Groupon is getting 400 and the photographer gets 400. How hard do you think they're going to work for that? Myabe there's more to the fine print.
  • At that price point, you're not likely to find a photographer who advertises on places like the Knot.  Best to go to CraigsList and try to find the best most experienced and reliable people you can.  You just need to be careful, though and be prepared for things to maybe go wrong or a disappointment here and there.  But that comes with the lower price as you're not working with experienced professionals.
  • Check out Steve Bloom Entertainment for your DJ. I think he'd be pretty close to your budget and most likely be willing to work with you price wise to get what you want. They have a few DJ's in the company, but we personally used Steve Bloom. He also can play music during your ceremony for a great price. 

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I can't see paying so much for a photographer so I'm with you on the $1000 budget. I mean there are good photographers out that just haven't made a name for themselves yet. Also they might just be trying toget into the wedding buisness and been doing something else like photo journalism or such. I have been looking around at local colleges in NJ and NY to see if any students need photos for a portfolio...
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • OP: I sent you a PM.... I can give you the info of the photographer I am using if you would like.
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We used Unforgettable DJ's - Chris Garrow is amazing, he did the music and mics for our ceremony as well - he was $1250.  Worth every penny!

Sylvia Yang Photography - she is amazing and very resonable.  We paid $1000 for her and her assistant.  Again well worth the money.

I'd be happy to provide phone numbers if you would like!

L
  • Be VERY careful about using a student. I have been in several wedding parties. One used a college photography student. Just because someone knows how to take a picture does not mean they understand the flow of a wedding. He just didn't understand the day. We missed over an hour of the reception taking pictures that are usually done after the ceremony. And he took us all out at once--family, bridal party, extended family into the lobby and then spent like a half hour on the bride and groom while we all watched and missed out on the party. By the time he was ready for us people were missing.  He was just so slow at everything. A reception is just 4 hours long. Cocktail hour 1 hour long. We missed the cocktail hour and an hour of the reception. 2 out of 5 hours cause this guy didn't know what to do. So not worth it.
  • Colorblind Productions has a DJ and Photo package that works for your budget. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards