New Jersey
Options

Help finding shoes

I'm having such a hard time finding shoes for my wedding.
Can anybody make suggestions on stores that have a good selection.
Thanks 
Nicole

Re: Help finding shoes

• Options
    I went nuts over shoes too and ordered about a dozen pairs from Nordstrom and Zappos.  Their return policies are great and they both have great selections.  Endless.com has beautiful shoes too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    I got two pairs of shoes for my wedding, an ivory beaded pair and a more fun purple pair. I got both at DSW. It was a long search... Every time I passed a DSW and had time, I'd run in and see what they had. The ivory ones I got right away and the purple ones I got only a few weeks before my wedding. If you see a pair you like, don't leave them in the store.
  • Options
    I got mine from Zappos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There's the obvious Louboutin, Manolo, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo... but what about a nice pair of Gucci's.
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to Re:Help finding shoes:[QUOTE]There's the obvious Louboutin, Manolo, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo... but what about a nice pair of Gucci's. Posted by bereasonable2[/QUOTE]
    I think you've been watching too many reruns of Sex and the City.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    If you're willing to splurge a little and have some time, I did my shoes through Milk & Honey.  I was able to design the shoes that I wanted and I like the idea that I have custom made shoes for my wedding.  Since the shoes are handmade, it can take 6-8 weeks to get them.  Their return policy is also wonderful.  I wound up having to return my first pair because I needed to change the color, they were too high, and they were 1/2 a size too big for me.  They took them back no problem, gave me a full refund, and did my new pair of shoes for me with no problem.  I wish I could buy more through them because it was such a great experience, despite having to have my first pair redone.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    i had a hard time too, partly due to my small feet and that I had specific requirements :).
    i found mine at nordstrom.  i also bought 2 pairs prior using zappos as they have the free return and shipping.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted flats and could not find a nice pair anywhere.. I ended up making my own and love them!!  I suggest shoebuy.com.  I ordered 5 pairs of plain white flats to see which was the most comfortable.. It was easy, quick and free shipping both ways...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a HUGE shoe girl!! I cant wait to start the shoe search!! my dream shoes are Louboutins! But agu101 -- I'm definitely goign to check out Milk Honey! That sounds so cool!! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LGaff1LGaff1 member
    First Comment
    How comfortable were your shoes from Milk and Honey? I just ran into a shoe snafu and am back in the market for a new pair. LOVE the idea of designing my own!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_help-finding-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:61b46a55-16a9-46ba-b83b-15d0329f4cafPost:67db44c7-b347-4f83-8546-9cde047c5b6b">Re: Help finding shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're willing to splurge a little and have some time, I did my shoes through Milk & Honey.  I was able to design the shoes that I wanted and I like the idea that I have custom made shoes for my wedding.  Since the shoes are handmade, it can take 6-8 weeks to get them.  Their return policy is also wonderful.  I wound up having to return my first pair because I needed to change the color, they were too high, and they were 1/2 a size too big for me.  They took them back no problem, gave me a full refund, and did my new pair of shoes for me with no problem.  I wish I could buy more through them because it was such a great experience, despite having to have my first pair redone.
    Posted by agu101[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I haven't worn them for the whole day yet, but I did wear them for about an hour during my first dress fitting and still felt fine.  I opted to do a shorter (3.5 in) heel so that I could last in them for the whole day, as opposed to doing my usual 4.5-5 in heels, which would have meant I'd be changing into flats halfway through the reception.  Feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions.
    I will check them all out and let you know how I do.
  • Options
    Hey girls! I finally found a pair!! I had ordered a bunch from nordstroms (badgley mischka) but my feet are wide and none of them were fitting right. So I searched online and feel in love with benjamin adams BUT I didnt want to spend $500 LOL anyway I found a bridal store who sells a similar brand called PINK PARADOX LONDON they might even be an extension of his line not sure. but they are very comfortable and so pretty!! The Bridal store is in Matawan it's called True Love Bridal its on route 34. She has a lot to choose from and once you decide what you like she orders them for you. If they do not fit when they come in they will order a 2nd pair and return the 1st! I did not have to return mine but it was nice to know I would not be stuck with a pair of shoes that did not fit. Anyway they were only $100 and they look very expensive. http://www.paradoxlondonus.com/Pink/shoes_pages/Shoes_Sizzle.html

FYI for some reason GPS does not give you the right directions so call the salon for directions. Very easy from Parkway exit 117a then make a right onto Lyoid and then a left onto 34 south and shell be on the left.

Good Luck Girls!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards