North Carolina

We finally found a venue!!! Now the cake...

{Waving} Hi everyone! I'm 5 months (almost to the day) from my desired wedding date and we're just settling on a venue.  What a journey!

So, I've got many other things set already or have ideas.  I'm not sure about the cake though.  See we're not crazy cake fans, but would like to have one.  Cheesecake would be even better.   We're definitely on a budget, so that makes things a little more difficult. 

Here are the vitals:
Charlotte, NC wedding
Sunday early afternoon
~150 or less

Any suggestions on a bakery or up and coming baker?  Anyone know of a great place for cheesecake? 

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: We finally found a venue!!! Now the cake...

• I don't know about cheesecakes, but we found a cake lady in the Charlotte area.  She works out of her house and does a phenominal job for a great price.  We're paying something like $2 a slice which is a LOT cheaper than the bakeries we looked into.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you her contact info.
  • kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I went with Divine Designs, she is amazing and has great prices. She's outside of Charlotte. 

She made this cake for a party and I'm getting one for my bridal shower. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I purchase my cake from Daphne's Bakery in Mint Hill, NC and everyone loved the cake. Mines was servings for 144 people, but I had 300 guest and it was still plenty! When they charge per slice they are considering big cake slices which no one would be able to eat that much with all the other food and desserts around. I had include a photo of my cake. I had hydrangeas for my cake topping and the photo was taken before we put the topping on. I had four different flavors w/ fillings inside each of them. After delivery fee, I paid about $600 for the cake. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenn's Sugarlicious Bakery in Gastonia has done a great job on all of our party cakes the past few years.
  • Thanks for all of the tips everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards