North Carolina

What NC thing would you ship overseas as a wedding gift?

One of my very good friends is from and lives in Germany.  She's getting married next month and I'm trying to plan what to send her as a gift. I want to send her something special, but uniquely NC or American, nothing you can buy in a department store.  Budget is up to ~$200 not including shipping.  So...

What NC thing would you send to Germany as a wedding gift? 

Re: What NC thing would you ship overseas as a wedding gift?

• What about a local artist piece or a local pottery piece? Maybe like a serving dish or bowl that was made here in NC?

What does the bride and groom like?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I don't know the groom, but she's very laid back and into nature.  Seagrove pottery might be a good choice.  When she was here last, we visited Seagrove together.  Gosh I'd be nervous about packing it up safely. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_what-nc-thing-would-you-ship-overseas-as-a-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:585fcf32-3a00-4032-b436-bc94118c28ffPost:3bdf1f57-7470-424e-9d80-38dabdee239e">Re: What NC thing would you ship overseas as a wedding gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know the groom, but she's very laid back and into nature.  Seagrove pottery might be a good choice.  When she was here last, we visited Seagrove together.  Gosh I'd be nervous about packing it up safely. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

<div>I like the pottery idea... if you take it to a FedEx Kinko's, they'll usually help you to pack it up safely... I think they charge for the packing materials, but it would be worth it for it to arrive safely.</div>
  • I really like the Seagrove pottery idea as well!  There is a store in Cameron Village in Raleigh that sells their stuff.  They (or the UPS Store) could probably pack it for you safely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • We received a piece of Riverwood Pewter that is one of my favorite gifts. It's a dogwood bowl, so it's very NC. I looked for them online, but it looks like their website has shut down, so they may be tricky to find, but several sites say they've been in business since 1930.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards