New Jersey

Bridal Hair / Makeup

Hi!

I was wondering how far out I should start looking into booking my hair / make up for my wedding.  I would definitely prefer the hair/makeup artists to come to me... so with that being said does anyone have great recommendations for hair and make up person?  I might be interested in hair extensions and possibly air brush make up-- id like to try it anyways haha.  okay let me know :)

thank you
xo
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Hair / Makeup

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridal-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6c0f3bc1-05b1-4824-b6f0-f9d6148132a3Post:9a225699-0e0c-4b8d-9cfa-09b095ce2af3">Bridal Hair / Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I was wondering how far out I should start looking into booking my hair / make up for my wedding.  I would definitely prefer the hair/makeup artists to come to me... so with that being said does anyone have great recommendations for hair and make up person?  I might be interested in hair extensions and possibly air brush make up-- id like to try it anyways haha.  okay let me know :) thank you xo
    Posted by Bella019[/QUOTE]

If you have your wedding date booked, you can book your hair and make up now!  Why wait?  Good hair and MUAs get booked early.  And, most won't reserve the date for you unless you leave a deposit.  And you don't want to leave a deposit without a trial.  So you might as well start now!
  • Start looking now. Many Hair and MUA book up a year in advance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I contacted the girl who is doing my makeup in January for my September wedding.  She is absolutely amazing and I didn't want to chance waiting and then she wasn't available.  I am using Alyne and she works out of MAC in Garden State Plaza.  She is coming to me and also doing my BM's makeup.  I would highly recommend her.
  • thanks for the rec!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dsimone43dsimone43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Donna at Amazing Face and Luscious Locks! She's awesome and books up quick!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • looks like ill definitely have to get in touch with donna!! Im hearing so many great things! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also using Donna for my September 23rd wedding.
  • what are donna's prices like??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She charges about 100 or 150 for a trial?  I can't remember... for bridal hair and makeup she charges $300 together.  For everyone else it's 75 for hair and 75 for makeup.  I believe if someone other than the bride wants to get both hair and makeup done she knocks down the price to $140 for both. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • great. thank you 
    dsimone43 !! =) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards