New Jersey
Options

Must take pictures for photographer

I promise this is the last post for today! I am going away for the weekend and have to do all this before we leave :-)

Which ones should be must take pictures for the photographer in your opinion? I need to fill out and mail the sheet to the photographer asap along with the dj one with the songs!

Again, thank you! much appreciated!

Re: Must take pictures for photographer

• Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked for table pictures, I want to see my guests when looking back in years to come.  So many people said that they wished they had asked for that.  Other ideas I actually printed out copies of pics I liked from people on the knot and ones my vendor already took at my venue. I wanted one from the top of the church looking down... I wanted a replica of one my mom took years ago,  Like I said, I handed her copies and she was so psyched with that and made sure those were done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took a bunch of examples from knottie bios and pages to give to my photographer. It's really about what do you want to see from your wedding day? Don't leave anything up to chance because you only get one shot at getting these pictures. I wanted a picture of me leaving my moms house - had i not told her that, I probably wouldn't have gotten as many to choose from or a nice one like I did. Do you want pictures with each of your BMs, MOH etc? Any special shots in the church or something that you and DH are sentimental about? Think about what you would like to look back on and tell your photographer to get those shots.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'd keep it short and sweet.  A professional photographer is going to know that you want photos with your mom, and of the cake cutting, and of every guest.  They won't need lists to accomplish that goal.  A list of important family members and any special considerations (like that your divorced parents refuse to be in the same photo, or that you want lots of photos of your grandparents) can be helpful.  And you may want to tell them about sentimental things, like Jamie said.

I wouldn't get too caught up in trying to get your photographer to replicate photojournalistic photos from other weddings.  That moment may not happen to you, may not work in your context, and may take a long time to reconstruct (without looking nearly as nice as the original photo which captured a real moment).  Again, your photographer is hopefully a talented professional who can get great photos on his/her own.

As a guest, table photos annoy me.  I'm glad we don't have them -- they are very 80s/prom to me, and I can't think of any guests who didn't make it into at least a few of our 1400+ professional photos.  A good photographer will make sure to get pretty much all of the guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with UpperEast. I am going to provide a list of the BP names, immediate family members, and other important people. So at least he will know who is who and take appropriate pictures. I don't want to box him into anything. I like his work enough that I feel he will do a good job at capturing all the special moments. I also think providing special considerations and sentimental things is a great idea as well.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Our photographer asked us for a list of the people who had to be in the church altar shots immediately post-ceremony (parents, siblings, my grandmother and the bridal party), so those were done very quickly.

The only photo I especially asked for in advance was a picture with my dog.

At the reception, we did a few group shots on the fly ... the different family groups, groups of friends, me and my two siblings (which we wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't asked on the spot for it), and an alumni shot from the high school that both my dad and MH attended.

We were incredibly pleased with all our photos, but I wish I'd asked in advance if they could get a shot of MH's reaction as I was first walking down the aisle. We also didn't get any solo shots of MH ... there's lots of great photos of him, but he's always with someone else. We have a few solo shots of me, but none of him.

• Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def a picture of FI's face when he sees me walk down the aisle.
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everything uppereast said. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for taking the time to write all this ladies!!!!!!!!!!! :-) Makes me so happy to have input from you girls!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_um-old-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e039fd-39c4-49a4-ae9a-3ac7274952e6Post:9cfa5454-df6e-4798-89e1-b48434b87390">Re: So... um... how old is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So... um... how old is everyone? : I think I started posting a week or two earlier, but it was right around the same time! I still get confused over a few people. <strong>I find if people have unique looking sigs, pics, and names I'm good.</strong> I think I win for being the youngest here (besides the random 16 year olds who keep showing up), but Beth, GPB and I were all born the same year I believe? I just have the latest birthday.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

<div>This is very true. When people us the generic avatars TK supplies and have no sig they all get mushed into one person in my brain. I think I'd be in trouble if some people changed their sigs since I notice those more often than the names.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Eep! I have no idea why this post here. Very sorry!</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You would think a photographer would take pictures of everyone at the tables at the reception but my photographer didnt and my mother is very upset that there are no pictures of some of her family and friends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards