New Jersey

James Ward Mansion Reviews and Pricing Please?

I went to Stone House in Warren and it was pretty, but I got lost looking for it and I was not that impressed with the location because they have a restaurant on one side and weddings on the other. I know my guests will make a mistake and go through the restaurant.

I also went to the James Ward Mansion today, and it was so pretty, very unique location, small and intimate. The owner was waiting for his appointment and didn't give me any info but said i could look around. DOes anyone know how much the James Ward Mansion in Westfield NJ is?

P.S. I have an appointment at Liberty House in Jersey City this Sunday

:)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: James Ward Mansion Reviews and Pricing Please?

• G&G2010G&G2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a work event there about 2 years ago and think it would be a great place for a small wedding. How many people are you having? I'm not sure how many it holds, but I would just be worried that it would be tight because the space is narrow from what I remember.  I recall that the food was great though & it really would be such a unique venue for a wedding!

I recently attended a wedding at the Liberty House & loved it! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I asked the owner guy and he said it holds 150 max comfortably. I don't see how but he said it did. I thought maybe he didn't show me everything.

I kind of surprised him today and just showed up so he didn't give me much info.

I will keeo trying to call him and see if I can get some info. I am excited about Libery House I hope I can negotiate with them  and schmooze them a bit. Wish me luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Liberty House and Stone House are the same owners- honestly I really don't think you'll be able to negotiate with them; they're pretty firm with their prices unless you are planning for off season or friday/sunday wedding.

I've never been to James Ward but I'd be concerned with the parking. Downtown Westfield can be a major pain to park. I know there is a lot behind the building, but that is used for all the shops, restaurants etc.

Good luck!
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    James Ward has a website that shows how they set up the tables for weddings.  I think its a unique location, parking is free after 7, Westfield is an awesome town!  Seems like you want unique venue rooms- what about the Madison Hotel's conservatory? If you are looking at the Stonehouse, Liberty House, what about the Palace at Somerset Park? Its impressive!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Reilly 626 for the recs. I will check them out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SinthyaSinthya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    by "owner guy" do you mean James himself?? IDK, I'd never book that place on principle. I have a friend who used to...ahem..."know" James and based on that alone I don't like the place. Sorry I'm no help.
  • Melissa GMelissa G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey girls! I had appointments last week in Jersey City and saw the W, the Hyatt, Liberty House, and Maritime Parc - right next to Liberty House. You might want to check out Maritime Parc, they are offering great deals since they are not open yet.

Good luck in your search!

• edited December 2011

HI Melissa G,

Thanks, I will check them out.

Synthia- I met John Ward, I think it's James Wards son.

Hey girls I also heard of Newark CLub, someone told me they have great food and view.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards