North Carolina

USPS Update

So, I met with a friend of mine today who is a profession fundraiser, i.e., has lots of experience with triangle area post offices.  She recommends the New Bern post office downtown in Raleigh.  Says they have a wonderful postmaster and great customer service.  Not too keen on Crabtree, notwithstanding my experience, and recommends staying away from Cameron Village.

Good luck!!

Re: USPS Update

• edited December 2011
    still doesn't matter.  alll mail gets sent up to westgate and goes through the same machines that junk mail goes through. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Barbara!! :)

I'll swing by that location this week.
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh, I love Cameron Village but the parking situation at that post office is horrid!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh gosh- I just posted about this. Sorry for duplicating information--- but Babs, I'm thankful for the information! Honestly I think my invites could go through the machines without getting damaged, but I just don't want to have to double-stamp. I'd much rather just pay the 64 cents and stand there and cancel them myself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There are no post offices (that I went to or spoke with) in the Raleigh area that will allow you stamp the envelopes yourself.  I was laughed at & told by multiple USPS locations that giving their stamp to the customer is illegal.  I had mine hand canceled at the Five Points location.
  • edited December 2011
    I had mine hand cancelled at the location on Hillsborough St. (right there at Meredith).  The lady was super-ncie who helped me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards