New Jersey

Venetian Ladies FU/Clarification

In regards to my post the other day about maitre' d tip and whether it was pre tax or on top of the entire price, it is on the WHOLE price! So if your recption for example is $30,000 the tip will be 4% of $30,000.

AFter making my final payment I was presented with a receipt for our payments and amt due: 4% maitre' d tip and the amount was 4% of the whole price.

Wonder if they're hiring!!!

Re: Venetian Ladies FU/Clarification

• edited December 2011
    A lot of places include tax and gratuity in the total pp price. Be sure to check if that was the case with you, if so you shouldnt be asked for an additional tip. That should be up to you on the day of the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we weren't happy with that either.  We thought the 4% should be on the price before gratuity and tax but they insisted that this is the way they did it and they really were not going to budge on it. Since we loved everything else about them, we just accepted it and booked. 
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our maitre' d tip in not included, its up to us based on his job that night, its our choice.
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a feeling that would be the case.  Wonderful.... ugh.  Thanks Chloe
  • ChloeMarieChloeMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reilly for us it's in the contract which I understood, however I didn't realize, or even think until later on that it may actually be AFTER TAX and a 17% service charge. I assumed it would be before.

So basically they tell you your price which includes the tax and service charge. Then in the contract break down for example: pp amt + tax +service charge=your total per person price. But the 4% is not on the pp amt. It is on the total reception amount which includes NJ sales tax and a 17% service charge. I don't understand why we would have to pay including tax and a service charge but as the other person outlined, that's what they stated is standard. 
  • happy72happy72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At our venue, the 5% gratuity is not taxed and based on the price per person times the guest count.  
  • edited December 2011
    I want that job too! Great extra income weekend work!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_venetian-ladies-fuclarification?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:786f1b34-daa8-4a1c-9afb-5b7b3a72193cPost:13bb0fc0-0d4c-47f1-ad2d-4842025f4ed5">Re: Venetian Ladies FU/Clarification</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our maitre' d tip in not included, its up to us based on his job that night, its our choice.
    Posted by Reilly626[/QUOTE]

<div>Not at the Venetian, it's in the contract and its mandatory.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Honestly, the other places I was looking at, the Palace and the Crystal Plaza, were more expensive even when you include the maitre'd tip.  So for me it just worked out.  We did try to negotiate this but they did not budge at all so we just agreed to the bs charge.  I don't agree with it but I spoke to my father about it, since he's been in the restaurant business most of his life.  He pretty much said it was a bs charge but if that is their policy they will probably not negotiate and he was right.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Chloe, when were you there? I was just there last night delivering my final payment!
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ChloeMarieChloeMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were there yesterday afternoon! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards