New Jersey

NWR - I got a loan!!

I don't really want to share this with people that know me, so I figured this would be a good place to share about it, because I'm so excited!

Due to being engaged once before, and ex-fiance being a loser jerk, I ended up accumulating a TON of credit card debt.(its a LOOONG story).

Going into this relationship with current FI, it definitely concerned him - not only because we're getting married, but it does affect our finances because I rarely have any extra money for anything other than paying the bills.  I've always made the payments every month, but at that rate, it would take me 32 years to pay off all of the debt. I had been trying for a while to get an unsecured personal loan so I could pay off the cards, pay less interest and have a lower monthly payment.

Well today it FINALLY happened, after 4 years of trying. I was approved for a loan, and in 7 to 10 days my credit cards will be paid off! The loan is for 6 years and I would've liked to have a lower payment than what they gave me, but at least I know, 6 years from today it will be completely paid off!

I told FI that 6 years from now, I want to have a party to celebrate and I'll buy him dinner :) It is just SUCH a weight off of my back to know this debt is finally going away!

Re: NWR - I got a loan!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  :-)

When I first met FI he had quite a bit of debt (he grew up dirt poor in a third world country, so when he came to the U.S. as a 17 year old and was almost instantly approved for credit cards, he was like a kid in a candy shop and had no clue about the ramifications of what he was doing by swiping his credit cards like they were free money).  By the time I met him he had come to his senses but he was in serious debt.  When he finally paid off everything he was beyond ecstatic and said he finally felt like a free man in America, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha!! I'm going to feel like a millionaire when I finally get this paid off!! all that extra money every month!! I might want to have another wedding!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards