North Carolina

dress question

I bought my dress (this one in ivory --  http://www.trbimg.com/img-4f7f6170/turbine/la-ss-together-pastels-001/600 ) from David's Bridal in January. They said it would take 4 months to come in and for me to schedule a fitting/alterations around that time. Well, it came in two weeks later. The fitting date just passed and I cancelled it because I want to lose ~10ish pounds before I get it altered. I wanted to wait til August (my wedding is November 10th) to get it altered so I had time to lose the weight, but they said they couldn't guarantee it would be done by NOVEMBER with August alterations. Seriously??? They WAY overshot the delivery time of the dress, I can't imagine it takes 3 months to do some tiny alterations.

Have any of you used David's Bridal for alterations? 

I've heard mixed things. I'm thinking that I might just be better off finding an independent seamstress in Greensboro since I don't need massive alterations done. The length is fine, I just want it fitted around the bodice and for them to tuck/alter a piece of the organza on the neckline.

Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: dress question

• Don't use DB alterations.  Almost anyone else will be better. 
  • Are they bad at altering? Slow? No attention to detail? Their prices seemed reasonable, but then again I really haven't looked into prices anywhere else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_dress-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:5fcdeca1-9926-4ecd-90ca-c10cb9a9f860Post:05c6a4bc-0025-47bb-9949-a7a4bee45b09">Re: dress question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are they bad at altering? Slow? No attention to detail? Their prices seemed reasonable, but then again I really haven't looked into prices anywhere else.
    Posted by itsobviouslyhil[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard about DB alterations. .it's all of the above and from what I remember when I was looking into alterations, their prices were a lot higher than others.

I had my dress done by Olga, in the Raleigh area. My dress arrived early January and my wedding was in Feb (2010). Olga had my dress done and ready to go. I didn't have a lot of work done (beading fixed, length fixed and a bustle), plus I was extremely lucky that she could squeeze me in since she's so busy, but I think two months is a decent amount of time for your dress. . assuming you don't need a ton of work done.

I'd look elsewhere. :) Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Beth just posted her Greensboro seamstress' info about two threads down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards