New Jersey
Options

Small beach wedding on a budget...HELP!

My fiancè and I live in Northern NJ (Essex & Morris County).  We are looking to have a small reception (60-65 people) and an outdoor ceremony (if possible).  We would LOVE any suggestions!  

We have been thinking about Mcloones Pierhouse or Avenue in Long Branch for a beach ceremony.  Has anyone been to a brunch wedding at either of these places?  We are also open to other locations that don't involve the beach.  It is going to be a pretty low key wedding, but we still want to pick somewhere special and romantic.  

HELP! 

Re: Small beach wedding on a budget...HELP!

• Options
    I would have suggested Windows on the Water - I went to a beach wedding there in about 2006 that was fairly small and budget friendly with the ceremony on the beach and it was nice. However, after the storm, I think they are still up and running, but may be one of the only beach wedding locations that is still up and running. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I suggest the following: 

The Jefferson House in Lake Hopatcong.  You still get beutiful water views but better pricing & less traffic / travel from Essex & Morris County.

Try the Lacey Elks Lodge which is on an inlet.  The grounds are very beautiful. 

If you are open to Elks Lodges you could also rent the halls in Pt. Pleasant or Manasquan & do an ocean beach ceremony at your leisure. 
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Window's on the Water is pricey- I heard it's over $200pp since the remodel.

McCloone's Pier House or Supper Club in Asbury are both great locations and I think they will be able to accomodate a group of your size perfectly.  And both are located on the beach.

The Watermark in Asbury Park hosts weddings as well.  Great beach view and good mix of indoor/outdoor space. They do more of a cocktail party than sit down dinner.

I personally did not care for Avenue when I went there to look for our wedding.  I found the sales team to be a bit disorganized and rude, and I don't like that they kick your party out right at 10 so they can open the club up to the public.  

You can also check out Salt Creek Grill in Rumson, and do the ceremony over in Sea Bright.

Unfortunately Matisse in Belmar was just knocked down.  It would have been a good spot to check out as well.  

Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_small-beach-wedding-on-a-budgethelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:81299db9-49f0-49b9-8d93-d4cff152fa5dPost:9e141cc3-adbe-42d9-b154-fee323f1cfe0">Re: Small beach wedding on a budget...HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Window's on the Water is pricey- I heard it's over $200pp since the remodel. [/QUOTE]

Wow - I didn't even know there was a remodel. The wedding I went to years ago was definitely not in the $200 a head category! Good to know.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_small-beach-wedding-on-a-budgethelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:81299db9-49f0-49b9-8d93-d4cff152fa5dPost:291a1eb7-f5e5-4ac4-9aaa-890956d01d4d">Re: Small beach wedding on a budget...HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Small beach wedding on a budget...HELP! : Wow - I didn't even know there was a remodel. The wedding I went to years ago was definitely not in the $200 a head category! Good to know.
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, we went to look at it while it was still underconstruction.  We basically walked through the framework and they showed us renderings of what it would look like.  At the time they were only charging $125-135pp, but once the venue was finished they increased the price.  </div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_small-beach-wedding-on-a-budgethelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:81299db9-49f0-49b9-8d93-d4cff152fa5dPost:acd69d7e-3c62-425c-a3dc-030c83e00126">Re: Small beach wedding on a budget...HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Small beach wedding on a budget...HELP! : Yeah, we went to look at it while it was still underconstruction.  We basically walked through the framework and they showed us renderings of what it would look like.  At the time they were only charging $125-135pp, but once the venue was finished they increased the price.  
    Posted by agu101[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, when I went there (again, I think it was 2006, so probaby booked in 2005) I would have been shocked if it was $125 a head. It wasn't bad by any means, but it really seemed "budget friendly" and I know the couple didn't have a fortune to spend on the wedding. Interesting - haven't been back since then and I always presumed it was a less expensive venue (not that it really matters, but still)</div>

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards