New Jersey
Options

Looking for feedback on some Jersey Shore reception sites

Hi all! FI and I are looking for a deal on a "last minute" reception booking for the end of this summer. Each of these places has some dates open that work for us, just wondering if anyone has any good/bad experiences with them! Thanks in advance! They are (in no particular order! =P):

* BRANCHES in Long Branch

* THE CHANNEL CLUB in Monmouth Beach

and

*MARTELL'S WATER'S EDGE in Bayville
BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being married is a real thriller! =)

Re: Looking for feedback on some Jersey Shore reception sites

• Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I never had any experiences with Branches or Martell's, however FI and I did not like that there was a strip mall behind Branches. We went to Channel Club for a bridal show and the food was pretty good and the staff were friendly and accomodating. I liked Channel Club more than FI did, but we wound up booking another venue that we both fell in love with. With that said, it is a great value and the food was good...we definitely considered it. The outside area on the pier is really pretty....especially during the sunset.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not really a fan of any of those places, but the channel club did offer us the best discounts for off season.  I think if we picked easter weekend it was like 50 dollars off!
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone has any other suggestions for places in those area too, we'd love to hear them!!!!
    This is a second wedding for myself, so we are not really looking for anything crazy over the top.... just trying to keep it simple, yet nice.
    Thanks again!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married @ Branches. So far we've been dealing with Kate and she's great. I loved their garden.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've been to several functions (2 weddings and 2 christmas parties) at the channel club, and i thought it was nice.  my friends who got married there were happy with the service they got.  i thought the food was good and the ambience was nice.  it didn't blow me away, but i left each time thinking that it was a well done event.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No recs but wanted to say hi Heather! So happy for you guys!
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live like 10 minutes from Martell's and my FI and I have been there for dinner a few times.  The food is pretty good and the waiters are always friendly and very on top of things.  Plus you get a nice view of the water.  I have never been to a function there but it seems nice.  I also have a friend who is getting married at Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty in Point Pleasant, and the hall looks really nice.  We have one by us in Toms River and the food has always been really good.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Branches has great food...I think they are expensive for what they are though.  The location is not great, but who cares when you get inside, right? 

Channel Club...I think the best value in the shore area.  I've heard good things about this venue...IMO though, I think the decor is a bit tired, and the ceremoy/reception area is upstairs (no elevator), so this could be a problem for some guests

I would also recommend checking
    -Crystal Point Yacht Club (brick)
    -Shadowbrook (shrewsbury)
    -water's edge by merrimakers (sea bright)
  • Options
    dominoe611dominoe611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my reception was at the channel club.  the staff is wonderful to work with and it's a great value for the $.  i highly highly reccommend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also thought the channel club was a great value for the money, however DH's grandma is in a wheel chair, and there was no way to get her upstairs.  The person we met with siad they often just carry the guests upstairs, but we didnt think his grandmother would feel too comfortable with that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Channel Club and they have been nothing but great and helpful the whole time. Yes the decor could use some upgrading, they are doing it little by little. Finally getting rid of the pink blinds which I think will really help the look a lot and just redid the bathrooms. I loved the venue and Fred and Liz- but as magoobie said there isn't an elevator (which isn't an issue with us). Food was awesome at our tasting. Good luck!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!!!

And karma: Kim??? Is that you...? =)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
    How many people are you having?

I looked at the Mill in Spring Lake and it was very pretty and definitely affordable.  The prices you see include tax and gratuity which most dont.  I would highly recommend the Mill.
    I also have also been to the River House in Brielle and McCloon's Rum Runner in Sea Bright for weddings which were nice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards