New Jersey
Options

Name change questions

Hey Ladies,

I got married in Miami in November, so for the past yr. I was on the South FLorida board.  This month, I started the whole name change process and I know there's prob. been a ton of posts about what needs to be changed, but I figured I'd be lazy & start a post instead of searching :-) I think I'm almost done changing everything, but I'm sure I'm missing something  I got my new license, soc. sec. card, put in the paperwork @ my job to change my name and also for my benefits, did the joint bank acct.w/ my husband- just have to close my old ones...cell phone....town tax for our property tax card...mortgage...car ins....PSE&G...United Water...credit cards.. Can you think of any other things I  need to change it with?  I'm going to try getting the passport out of the way on Monday and Sprint is a pain and said I have to go into a store with the Marrage certif. & ID to do a change.  I'm also a teacher-- did any teachers change their name on their teaching certif?

Sorry for rambling, but I figured I'd try finishing all of this while I'm off for Christmas break. 

TIA!
-Steph :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!

Re: Name change questions

• Options
    Welcome to our board! The rule of thumb I used was to change: 1- anything that affects taxes and 2- anything that could show up in a credit check This included things like old 401ks, etc. it sounds like you have everything covered. The other tip I found helpful was to keep your maiden name on your social security card as your (or along with your) middle name. Even if you don't officially use it, I've heard it clears up a lot of confusion. I did this on my passport too. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards