North Carolina
Options

Hair and makeup in Wilmington

I'm planning my Wilmington wedding long distance from Dallas and I won't actually be in Wilmington until 2 days prior to my wedding.  So I won't be able to do hair and makeup trial.  I've been looking at the reviews of several places on wedding wire, but was wondering if anyone here had any great recommendations.  So far the places I'm considering are:

Harbour Club
Tyler Zwan Quadrio
Makeup by Amy Kennison (makeup only)
Melissa at Salon Fringe (hair only)
Adrianne Lugo

I was really impressed by the pictures from Makeup for Your Day, but the prices were too high.  I might have splurged if it was just me, but I'm also paying for my mom and bridesmaids and the whole package would have been just too much.  Has anybody used any of the listed names or heard anything about them? Any other recommendations I should add to my list?

Thanks so much in advance.
Soon to be Mrs. Guidi Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and makeup in Wilmington

• Options
    I went to UNCW from 2005-2008 so some of these recommendations may be outdated but I doubt it :-)

Groove Jet-located downtown, they are awesome!  I went here regularly in college.

Harbour Club-I went here last year to get my hair done as a MOH, they were very efficient and nice :-)  Turns out my hair stylist went to high school with my college roommate lol.  The makeup artist used mineral makeup and used a finishing spray, which is key if you're getting married on the beach :-)  The bride, MOB, her sister, her two flower girls and I all got in there and got out of there quickly.  They set aside multiple stylists for you all to get in and get out.  I would highly recommend them if you're getting married on/near Wrightsville Beach.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_hair-and-makeup-in-wilmington?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:637326fd-77b6-4644-972d-d45093aa1ae7Post:09f4b2f1-8157-4633-8e1f-71f7a9916176">Re: Hair and makeup in Wilmington</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to UNCW from 2005-2008 so some of these recommendations may be outdated but I doubt it :-) Groove Jet-located downtown, they are awesome!  I went here regularly in college. Harbour Club-I went here last year to get my hair done as a MOH, they were very efficient and nice :-)  Turns out my hair stylist went to high school with my college roommate lol.  The makeup artist used mineral makeup and used a finishing spray, which is key if you're getting married on the beach :-)  The bride, MOB, her sister, her two flower girls and I all got in there and got out of there quickly.  They set aside multiple stylists for you all to get in and get out.  I would highly recommend them if you're getting married on/near Wrightsville Beach.
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the input.  Harbour Club is very reasonably prices (I was expecting it to be higher since it is a spa) and I like the fact that they have multiple people available so it doesn't take so long for the wedding party to get through- which means everyone can sleep in later.  I never thought about makeup that was beach proof, so the finishing spray is great advice.  I will most likely go with them.  Thanks so much!
    Soon to be Mrs. Guidi Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No problem, enjoy!  I miss Wilmy so much :-)
  • Options
    I recommend Tanglez Salon & Spa. When I lived in Wilmington, I had my hair done there for years and they are great! Have seen many happy brides there.

910-392-8111
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     Harbour Club is great - especially if you are getting married near the beach since it's just over the bridge! They are highly professional and friendly. They have a spacious salon that can accommodate more than one Bridesmaid at a time as well. 

I have lived in Wilmington for 9 years and planned my own wedding as well as many other weddings for friends and family here! I know pretty much all there is to know about weddings here!  If you need any suggestions, recs or ideas I'd be happy to help! My email is CRozumalski at gmail dot com
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Listen to Roz-she is very knowledgable regarding Wilmington weddings :-)  Hey Roz!!

-Leigh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards