Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Picked Processional/Recessional Music

So I was just searching around for processional and recessional music and found 2 that I like for walking in and one for walking out. Who is having one song for the bridal party and a different song for you? Anyways the songs are: Bridal Party: Air- George Frederick Handel Me: Cannon in D- Pachelbel Processional for everyone: Lullaby-Bond I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post links to the songs on YouTube...

Re: Picked Processional/Recessional Music

• Those are great selections. But I'm curious what "processional for everyone" is? Do you mean recessional, when everyone walks out?
  • I have a while to continue changing my mind, but right now my plan is: mothers, bridesmaids: Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World (Israel K) Me: All you Need is Love (Beatles) Recessional: I Got You Babe (Sonny and Cher)   and yes, you can post links... people do it pretty frequently
  • I'm a church organist. It is far more common to have different pieces for the WP processional and the bride. Typically I play the WP piece. Then when all are in place, I pause ever so briefly (just long enough to switch my music~about 5-7 seconds) and the play the bride's music. The pieces you've chosen are very complimentary, and will work beautifully together.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Thanks everyone! I made my mom cry when I played her the music. The song I chose for me to walk down the isle to is the same some my mom had... I had no idea! And yes, I meant recessional. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards