New Jersey

How to pee in your wedding dress...

IDK if anyone saw this. It's actually pretty funny & makes sense!

Peeing While Wearing the Dress

So you'll have one less thing to worry about on your wedding day (community article)

Peeing While Wearing the Dress article photo

Because this seems to be a topic that has several people hitting the panic button, here is how to pee while wearing your wedding dress:

On arrival at your venue

• Open the door of the ladies' room and look in. If the floor is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.
  • If the floor is clean, walk into the ladies' room and open the door of the handicapped stall. If the floor of the handicapped stall is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.

This ensures that you will not later get the train/back of the dress dirty just by having it touch the floor.

When you need to go

• Walk into the handicapped stall. Remove (don't just pull down) your underpants.
  • Facing the toilet, pull up the front of your dress to your waist.
  • Walk straight forward, so you are straddling the toilet, and sit down that way. The train/back of your dress will now be away from the toilet, so you won't get them wet or dirty.
  • Lean forward before peeing. That way, even if you drop the front of the dress onto the seat, you will not pee in its direction.

Special tips for hoop skirts/crinolines

• When lifting your skirt, make sure that you grab all of the hoops together. this can be done by reaching under the bottom flounce and pulling straight up. If you are wearing an under-petticoat, don't forget to grab it too. This can be, and has been, a very bad thing to forget.
  • Once you have a good handle on the hoops, swing the whole thing to the rear, as if you are preparing to hula-hoop with your dress. This will move the whole contraption behind you and out of the 'danger zone'. It will also slightly lift a shorter train off the floor which is a plus.
  • When you are done, drop the hoop straight to the floor and give a little circular hip-shimmy. This will help you to get your dress hem back over the bottom hoop. It is always a good idea to have a friend do a 360 of the hem to make sure nothing is showing that shouldn't be.

And in case no one has told you this yet, never ever under any circumstances step straight backward while in a hoop. You will step on it, and you will fall over, and this will give a free show to anyone standing in front of you. Not directly related, but one of the top tips for wearing a hoop.

You may now resume your panic about all the other topics for your wedding day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to pee in your wedding dress...

• cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen this, lol... It is going to be interesting. I already told my sister/MOH she is on bathroom duty to help me. I plan on wearing spanx, but don't want to completely take them off each time (and I tend to have to pee frequently), lol.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bethanny Frankel peed in a bucket it was rather disturbing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    HAHA, yes!  She totally did!

Cindy- Is there like... a little flap or something on the spanx?  Can you get one added, maybe?  I know it sounds a little absurd but spanx with a pee flap would be the best item ever.

My dress is a trumpet... I am screwed.  =D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read this article before my MOH's wedding and she did it this way  - I helped - it totally works.  Not sure with the trumpet gown though.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had someone come into the bathroom with me and hold up my dress with me and peed normally, it really wasn't that hard. I also didn't have to pee in a stall thankfully, we had a bridal suite right near our ballroom with a huge bathroom, I could have had the whole bridal party in there holding up my dress if need be lol

Photobucket
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a mermaid dress... my sister held it up for me and it wasn't really a big deal. There was so much dress that it's not like she could see anything. We also had a private bridal suite bathroom, so there was plenty of room and the floor was clean.
  • xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHA i forgot i wasn't on FB and wanted to "like" this

that's a good idea if you're stuck peeing alone!

fortunately we had a bridal suite all to ourselves in our venue, and 2 of my BMs helped lift the dress while I "did my bidnis"

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • edited December 2011
    I had a fit and flare/trumpet gown.  Honestly I was able to pee myself without the help of my bridesmaids - just hiked it up with one arm, pulled down my spanx, and did what I needed to do!  I wouldn't worry too much, you can always get others to help if need be :)
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really didn't think it was all that complicated and didn't see a need to pee facing forward.  I was also able to do it by the second time by myself.  I just hiked it up and went lol.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • PolkaDot24PolkaDot24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got a trumpet dress, and I haven't really thought out this before. I don't really want to make someone hold up my dress while I do that. I'm sure my sister would do it, but I'd rather not put her through that.

Any suggestions for this type of dress? It's tight to my thighs, so this might be difficult!
  • edited December 2011
    thansk so much my alterations person literally told me you cant pee!
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_pee-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:92186f23-b8b9-4c2b-9c4e-54f8bf6f3b09Post:0269f2ed-12b2-422b-9206-ddaac16ab1e4">Re: How to pee in your wedding dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHA, yes!  She totally did! Cindy- Is there like... a little flap or something on the spanx?  Can you get one added, maybe?  I know it sounds a little absurd but spanx with a pee flap would be the best item ever. My dress is a trumpet... I am screwed.  =D
    Posted by DoubleAS[/QUOTE]

haha no flap..although I've heard some of the spanx do have a pee-hole, lol...
    I just can't imagine trying to hold the dress up myself at the same time as trying to pull the spanx off, or put them back on. It should be pretty interesting!
  • mlg3523mlg3523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spanx does have a pee whole when you squat it opens so that you can pee. Love the article though.. im a nervous pee'er so hoping i can just go myself without asking everyone to come with me constantly! thanks for the advice,, even though i hate toilets that arent my own..
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_pee-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:92186f23-b8b9-4c2b-9c4e-54f8bf6f3b09Post:7fa404a5-2afa-4bfb-a8eb-545a89cd4d8e">Re: How to pee in your wedding dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spanx does have a pee whole when you squat it opens so that you can pee. Love the article though.. im a nervous pee'er so hoping i can just go myself without asking everyone to come with me constantly! thanks for the advice,, even though i hate toilets that arent my own..
    Posted by mlg3523[/QUOTE]
    haha, I actually went and bought the spanx with the hole (only certain ones have it).. so I am all set for my wedding day! I don't know what I'd do without it!
  • edited December 2011
    This is really funny!  Having just gotten married on October 22, I wrote a blog post about this very topic.  Sometimes beauty takes some sacrifice.... Tongue out

There's Nothing Sexier than Wearing a Wedding Dress You Can't Pee In
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards