New Jersey

Poll: What drink would you prefer?

As guests enter the cocktail hour there are supposed to be servers handing out glasses of champagne, but because we're having a summer wedding with a bit of a Latin flair (FI's side) we've been toying with the idea of asking our venue to distribute either sangria or mojitos instead of the champagne.  Obviously, since it's a cocktail hour our guests will have the option to order whatever drinks they want, but we just thought it might be a nice touch to have something other than the usual champagne distributed as the guests walk in.

What drink would you prefer: champagne, sangria, or mojitos? 
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poll: What drink would you prefer?

• altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I said champagne, its tradition. For the other drinks I would say make it a signature drink and put it out on the table for people to grab with a cute sign or something. I love red wine sangria but not a fan of mojitos at all, just my taste.
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will this drink be available from the regular bar as well? I've been to a couple weddings that did this but if you wanted to order another one later in the night at the bar you couldn't. Big dissapointment! I would ask the venue just to be sure that they'll be able to make them at the regular bar in case someone misses the passed drinks or wants a second.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Sangria in the summer! Awesome choice.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing Sangria as our "signature" drink and the servers will be handing it out, along with champagne as people arrive. It will also be available at the bar all night. Will they give the option of doing both? If not, I'd still opt for the Sangria. (we plan on doing Red, not sure which you would want).
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • hobo18hobo18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mojitos in summer..i would say sangria in fall
    IAmPregnant Ticker Eat Drink and be Married
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to say.. I don't know many people that like Mojitos.. I think they are either love them or hate them.. not that everybody loves sangria either, but at least in my experience it seems more popular between the 2.. I also don't associate Sangria with any specific season.. we drink it all year round.
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I voted sangria.  May suggestion, if you can offer both red & white.  I love sangria all year as well, but I think white sangria says "summer" more to me then red. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love mojitos! I think that would be a great touch!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didnt vote only because I'd be very happy w/ Sangria or Mojitos- I just dont like champange :)
  • edited December 2011
    I find Mojitos too sugary sweet to be enjoyable. I hope there is rum punch there too!

Champagne or Sangria seems to be more agreeable to more palates.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer mojitos, and we were going to have them as a signature drink, too, but be careful - they're kind of strong, and you don't want everyone getting tanked during the cocktail hour, before all of the special stuff happens!
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE sangria...mojitos can be dangerous because all that vodka!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_drink-would-prefer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:98d9998c-f8a1-45aa-b6cc-d83f4a5c879bPost:f093641e-4c7b-4f93-bb2a-19ce7cc1ed0d">Re: Poll: What drink would you prefer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said champagne, its tradition. For the other drinks I would say make it a signature drink and put it out on the table for people to grab with a cute sign or something. I love red wine sangria but not a fan of mojitos at all, just my taste.
    Posted by altimat873[/QUOTE]

<div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">I would do this too.</font></div>
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sangria would probably suit more people, plus I think would be really refreshing in the summer.

Sparkling Sangria (scroll down)

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards