North Carolina

Been awhile... hello! Question about Raleigh?

Hey ladies, it's been a long time.  I still see some familiar faces and a lot of new ones too!  So exciting!  Beka, i see you are now the moderator!!  Congrats!  I know I haven't commented on here in forever and day, but I hope everybody is doing great!!

I need a little help.  I will be in Raleigh on Friday for my appointment with Olga, she is going to try to get everything done the same day so I don't have to drive back!!   Awesome!  But, how do I kill 4-6 hours in N. Raleigh?

Any suggestions ladies?  I don't go to Raleigh very often, so if there is a restaurant I must try, or a store I must visit, or a park I must see... please share! 

Thanks ladies.. as always, you guys are the best!!!
panther Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Been awhile... hello! Question about Raleigh?

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hey Stranger!!!
    North Raleigh... hmm.. well there's Crabtree Mall or North Hills (Im not sure if its considered a mall or not, but there are a ton of stores). There's also Southpark that isnt too far away, it's a large mall with some outside stores as well.

Im not really sure of actual parks up there.

Hope your appointment goes well!!! Come back and chat with us more! We misss ya :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure Beka means Southpoint, since Southpark is in Charlotte.

In that much time you could easily come downtown and go to the museums.  The Science and History museums downtown both have free admission.  The art museum does too, even though it's not downtown.

http://naturalsciences.org/
    http://ncmuseumofhistory.org/
    http://www.ncartmuseum.org/
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to pick up my dress from her on Thursday after work. Briar Creek isn't that far from where Olga is.  Briar Creek has Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Target, Kohls, lots of other stores, restuarants and a movie theater. There is also a Frankie's Fun park near there if you want to play mini golf (not sure if you are going solo or with someone else).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Southpoint! I had nyquil last night, I'm still half asleep. Hah
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, loving the ideas so far!  I will have a friend with me, so mini golf, shopping, or a museum are awesome ideas!! 

Beka, hope you feel better! 
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or Umstead park!  You could go to Umstead State Park.  It's nice. 

Or to Lake Crabtree, there's a park there too.  You could rent a sailboat. 
  • edited December 2011
    Cameron Village is also really fun to walk around in.
    You could also go to the Raleigh Rose Garden and just hang out. FI picked up lunch and ate there yesterday and it was just delightful...I could have easily stayed there for 4 hours!
  • edited December 2011
    I love bowling at Western Lanes (near NC State, I think it's on Hillsborough St).  Kind of cozy, older bowling alley.  What about frisbee golf?  There is a pretty good course at Oberlin park (I think that's the name) and I think there is a course at Pullen park too.  All online if you do some searching.  Super fun, and outdoors!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • chels0712chels0712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The NC Art Museum was recently renovated. Thats a must see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • onlyncsuonlyncsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pullen Park has been closed for renovations for over a year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards