New Jersey

Need some invite editing help

My boss asked me to help her with the way her parent's 50th Anniversary invite was worded/caps etc. Can you girls look and see what you think with caps? I don't like the wording, but she does so oh well...

You have shared in
their lives by your friendship and love

We invite you to join
in the Celebration of the
50th Wedding Anniversary
of our Parents 

Bartolo and Anna 

Sunday, the Seventeenth of October
Two Thousand  Ten
Three O’clock
Our Lady of Hope Church
Middle Village, NY 

Reception To Follow
half past Five O’clock
Russo’s on the Bay
Howard Beach, NY
*~allie~*

Re: Need some invite editing help

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems ok. But one question and I oculd be wrong. shouldnt it say "you have shared in their lives WITH your friendship and love??
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with pp... and, also, why are random words capitalized throughout?
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I dont like random capitalization, FI does it and it drives me NUTS - in any event leaving Celebration and Wedding Anniversary capitalized I could see and wouldn't look odd to me but the rest I don't like - but I guess it is a personal opinion.

M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Danes -- we got a wedding invitation that said "Because you've shared in our lives by your friendship and love" and I assumed it was a typo.  I would go with "with."  And I agree about the capitalization, although unlike njpabzy "Celebration" and "Wedding Anniversary" do bother me too.  Only proper nouns and beginnings of sentences should be capitalized.

If I received this invitation, I would have a few questions -- like what is going on at the church?  I think calling it a "renewal of vows in celebration of the 50th wedding anniversary" would be clearer.  Also, I think you should put the names up higher if you can -- there's a lot of suspense about whose anniversary it is because it is so far down.  Also, who is throwing this party?

I think there should be an "at" before the times.

I agree with you about the wording.  Honestly, I think it is really odd that it is worded like a formal wedding invitation.  I understand that it is a renewal of vows, but it seems a little odd to me.  Even if it is a formal event, I'd try to make the wording different from a wedding invitation.  I don't think I'm the only person who thinks it is odd when people try to make vow renewals second weddings, but even if I didn't think that, it seems odd. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!
    *~allie~*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards