New Jersey
Options

waters edge merrimakers in sea bright closing

Did anyone else hear about this?  After 2012 they will no longer be having weddings at watersedge in sea bright.

I am looking at a Novemember 2012 wedding there and am now worried. 

Re: waters edge merrimakers in sea bright closing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had not heard about them closing. Did you already book there?
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    vikkipass78vikkipass78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i had looked there originally and was told that the owners of the waters edge were probably looking to turn it back into only a beach club again. so after 12/31/12 the lease was up. anything in 2012 was still available to book so you should be ok.

• Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think you will be ok. It's good that merri makers is very reputable and has a lot of other locations; it's not like it is just one independent venue that is closing. My H was in a wedding there last summer. It was great! The food was delicious and the views were amazing; they got married right on the beach. If you are very concerned, I wonder if there is a chance to switch to another location? Or, you have time to start looking for a new venue. Whatever you decide, good luck!
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always check out Windows on the Water, which is right down the street.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    CEOwifeCEOwife member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: waters edge merrimakers in sea bright closing:
    [QUOTE]You can always check out Windows on the Water, which is right down the street.
    Posted by agu101[/QUOTE]

I got married here in June!!!! It was awesome. PM me if you would like information.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really??  I'm getting married there November, 2012.  Wow, I had no idea lol.   
  • Options
    LaureefaceLaureeface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there June 2012 and am very concerned about how the quality of food and service is going to be and also the upkeep of the location due to the fact that they are closing and have no reason to be the best. Opinions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laureeface,

I am getting married at Water's Edge in June 2012 too. What day are you getting married? I started to worry about the quality of service and upkeep of the place too. Are you keeping your wedding there? We have already paid a few deposits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Merri-Makers still has to maintain its reputation, even if its relationship with a venue is winding down. Hopefully, you'll be fine. I'd be more worried if this venue did its catering in-house.
  • Options
    Hello All,

My name is Christina Havens, an Event Consultant for Merri-Makers at The Water's Edge. Standing behind our name and reputation that Merri-Makers has and will continue to maintain I hope my response puts any of your worries at ease.
    Merri-Makers is a growing organization built upon it's reputation for many many years.
    We are not closing at the end of 2012 despite the rumors. We are booking for 2013. For any questions please contact our team at 732-842-1714. Our hours of operation are Monday-Sunday 9am-5pm. please visit our website at www.merrimakers.com.

Thank you,
    Christina Havens
  • Options
    Dear Ms. Havens,
    Since Merrimakers in Sea Bright is no longer a venue option, will deposits be refunded to all those who had booked their weddings?  I have been given the round around for months and would appreciated a refund since Merrimakers can no longer provide my beach wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards