New Jersey

David's Bridal - E. Brunswick Alterations

I have an appointment to have my dress altered there a week from now, but I wanted to see whether it will be a nightmare like I have heard about, or whether people have had good experiences there.

I bought this dress: link and I don't think I will need a lot of alterations,  just the hem from the back and possibly taken in a bit.

I had a bridesmaid dress altered for length there a few years ago and that seemed to come out fine, but I wanted to know if things have changed since.

Any and all opinions are helpful and welcome!

Thanks so much!
ExerciseMilestone

Re: David's Bridal - E. Brunswick Alterations

• edited December 2011
    You have a PM :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a BM dress altered there last year.   The alteration was fine, but I was badgered into buying a ridiculously expensive undergarment for it.  So make sure you wear whatever undergarment you are going to be wearing on the day, and don't let them talk you into something you don't want or need!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH was in a wedding and the gowns were altered there and they had many many problems. This was in 2008 so I don't know if it's changed but I've heard horror stories. I personally would take it to Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth who is MUCH more reasonably priced for alterations. They're doing my gown that wasn't purchased there and they did Heather822's as well.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    @ksen Thanks! I PM'd you back!

Thanks for the quick replies! I think I will call around to a few other places as well to see whether they can fit me in. I've heard good things about Hollywood Bridal and even Bridal Fantasy (I think that's the name) in Avenel. Plus those would be closer/less traffic-y to get to as well.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my gown there and went to a private lady for alterations.  A lot of knotties have used her.  Email me if you would like her info.  She is north brunswick, about 15 min. from the store.

moscatelloc@ hotmail
    imageimage
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My sister got her BM dress for my wedding altered there and they did a good job, no problems at all.   One thing to keep in mind is that since you bought the dress at Davids Bridal, if something happens during the alterations they will get you a new dress if they screw it up.  If you take it to another place and something happens you are out of luck.   I have used several different DB and had great experiences with all of them.   
  • edited December 2011
    @Laurie: that's a good point that if they were to mess up (let's hope that doesn't happen!)

I did have a good experience when I bought the dress there, I just wanted to make sure there were no horror stories about alterations there.

Thanks for the help ladies!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_davids-bridal-e-brunswick-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a6a3aa8f-6f21-4b9f-805d-36f527275430Post:6a04dcdb-39e0-42ee-bae5-60430e70bf9d">Re: David's Bridal - E. Brunswick Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]My MOH was in a wedding and the gowns were altered there and they had many many problems. This was in 2008 so I don't know if it's changed but I've heard horror stories. <strong>I personally would take it to Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth who is MUCH more reasonably priced for alterations. They're doing my gown that wasn't purchased there and they did Heather822's as well.</strong>
    Posted by smw42[/QUOTE]
    Hollywood Bridal does alterations on dresses that weren't purchased there? That's odd, because I called them recently to see about getting a Bridesmaid dress altered and they told me no, that they wouldn't alter something that wasn't purchased there...weird. Do you happen to know how much they charge for alterations?
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards