• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO

New Jersey

Barn wedding venues in New Jersey

Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to help my sister with some research on venues and was wondering if anyone knew of any reasonably priced 'barn' type venues anywhere in New Jersey that they could recommend. Looking for someplace that could fit maybe 100-125 people, could be pretty casual  and hopefully accomodate a tight budget.  Any help would be great, thanks!

Re: Barn wedding venues in New Jersey

• edited December 2011

Perona is the common choice, but also think about Farmstead GC in Andover.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, Perona seems beautiful, but I think she's looking for something more 'rustic-y' if that makes sense...
  • edited December 2011
    Raritan Inn?
  • jcg98jcg98
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    There's a beautiful historical barn in Bernardsville called the Barn at Upton Pynes.  I was there on a performance site visit a couple of years ago and asked the owner if she rents it out for weddings.  She said yes, the couple just have to make a charitable donation (I don't know how much).  Everything would need to be arranged from tables to chairs to catering, but it is a very beautiful and certainly unique venue!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Barn wedding venues in New Jersey:
    There's a beautiful historical barn in Bernardsville called the Barn at Upton Pynes.  I was there on a performance site visit a couple of years ago and asked the owner if she rents it out for weddings.  She said yes, the couple just have to make a charitable donation (I don't know how much).  Everything would need to be arranged from tables to chairs to catering, but it is a very beautiful and certainly unique venue!
    Posted by jcg98

jcs98, do you have any further information on this site? I can't find much by googling, but I'm very interested! Any information would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image170 Made the cut!
    image 134 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 36 Are missing out!
    image 0 Are making us wait!
  • edited December 2011
    i know of one in PA!  its called Rose Bank Winery.   my friend got married there last year and it was SO pretty.  the website gallery does it NO justice, though. 
  • ccandelaccandela
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Lake Valhalla Club in Montville.  

Good Luck!
  • edited July 2012
    There is a REALLY good post on this website about this:

http://onthisdayweddings.com/category/nj-barn-weddings-other-rustic-nj-venues

This website has a really thorough list of barns available for event rental in NJ with pictures, details and contact information.