New Jersey

wedding photos BEFORE ceremony, any recommended locations in morris county?

Our wedding is at Lake Valhalla club in Montville, NJ.  Our photographer recommended that we take photos before the ceremony so we could enjoy time with our guests more.  we love the idea.  Because there is another wedding earlier in the day, we are only able to arrive at our venue 1 hour before the ceremony starts.  I want to be away from guests at least 30 min before the ceremony so they dont see me, so that only allows 30 min or less to take pictures at the venue location.  We were hoping for an hour.  Does anyone know a place where my FI and I can meet for our "First Look" and to take some photos?  we would love a pretty, scenic outdoor area. any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: wedding photos BEFORE ceremony, any recommended locations in morris county?

• What kind of "scenic" feel are you going for?  Do you want to mimic the look of LVC or do you want something different?  There are several lakes, parks, train stations, cute downtown areas, etc. within 10 minutes. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Jockey Hollow is in Morristown and is beautiful!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-photos-before-ceremony-any-recommended-locations-in-morris-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:aa3d4052-5836-45e2-8b10-f3466969607cPost:4608795f-9f2b-442f-b2a6-5647ab7a086a">wedding photos BEFORE ceremony, any recommended locations in morris county?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is at Lake Valhalla club in Montville, NJ.  Our photographer recommended that we take photos before the ceremony so we could enjoy time with our guests more.  we love the idea.  Because there is another wedding earlier in the day, we are only able to arrive at our venue 1 hour before the ceremony starts.  I want to be away from guests at least 30 min before the ceremony so they dont see me, so that only allows 30 min or less to take pictures at the venue location.  We were hoping for an hour.  Does anyone know a place where my FI and I can meet for our "First Look" and to take some photos?  we would love a pretty, scenic outdoor area. any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    Posted by dmargan[/QUOTE]
  • thanks!! we are planning to check out Jockey Hollow this weekend or next :)

we dont need to mimic lake valhalla, but would like a park, gardens, lake, or outdoorsy area that has good backdrops.  most of the places require a permit and charge a fee to reserve by the hour.  just trying to get ideas. 

thanks for your help ladies!!!Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards