New Jersey

Wedding Colors--Help me narrow this down!

Hi Knotties--

So my FI and I recently picked our venue and it turns out our original plan of having a brown and pink wedding will definitely not work in our venue.

The venue is much more bluesy with some burgundy in there as well. So here's my question. Do you think Navy, Light Gray and Pale Pink would work? Do those even work together? Or should I try a Darker Gray, a Lighter Blue and a Darker Purple? I don't even know why I'm stressing about this, I just feel like I can't visualize all the BMs and their dresses until I choose a color palette! My FI likes either of those options or a mixture of those, he's being pretty wonderful about it all. So, help? Advice? Opinions? I'm ALL for it!

Thanks!
The Soon-To-Be Thomas Family Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Colors--Help me narrow this down!

• edited December 2011
    I don't know about the gray. I think navy and pale pink would work. I have seen that before. My colors are Navy Blue and Fuchsia. I think a silver and purple would work. I just can't see the gray.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm trying to picture all 3 colors together.  I know I like pink and blue together and grey and pink together.  However, the 3 together I just can't picture for some reason.   I also think it depends how you plan to use all of these colors.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://kuler.adobe.com/ is a great website for playing with colors -- may help you visualize how everything fits (or doesn't).
  • StefaniBelStefaniBel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Navy, Light Gray and Pale Pink would be better than Darker Gray, a Lighter Blue and a Darker Purple. 
    But that's just my opnion : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing lilac and silver and love the combo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CrysMarie12CrysMarie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think just pale pink and gray would look nice together.  : )
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TK had an article on the main page the other day with 20 new color combos. There were a lot with slate gray.

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/choosing-wedding-colors/articles/wedding-color-inspiration-boards.aspx
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love grey.  I think its very modern.  I think it may just need 1 accent color though out of the bunch left.  I pick pink.  Check this link out - I love the grey and pink together.

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/07/20/modern-wedding-inspiration-full-of-romance/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where is the blue and burgundy in your venue? Mine had a burgundy rug with some green and blue designs on it. Kind of ugly if you ask me, but every venue we saw had somethign similar. I think it has to do with the amount of food that's probably dropped on the carpet. Anyway. I did pink and orange which completely wouldn't go with the carpet. But no one really looks at it. Also, I've seen pink and brown done in that same room and red and black. If the colors are in the rug, I wouldn't worry about it because you'll have napkins and menus and flowers and other things to lighten up the room and your color scheme.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the navy, grey, and light pink combo. I think the colors go well together. Like someone else stated, it depends on how you are planning to use each of the colors in the wedding.
  • hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing gray and pink. I think 3 colors may be to much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards