New Jersey

Airbrushing?

I'm considering using airbrushing for my make-up. My make-up always seems to disappear from my face within a couple hours and I'm hoping this might be a good thing for me. Has anyone had any experience with airbrushing before? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Do you have any recommendations in NJ?

Re: Airbrushing?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_airbrushing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ad5888f1-d8ca-4c08-a366-4cd323f33fa5Post:7e4144b0-fe1c-4dee-938c-fbf92ebf71f0">Re: Airbrushing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had airbrush makeup done and it was awesome. It didn't look heavy or fake, it just made my skin look flawless. I went to sleep in it and woke up the next morning and the makeup was still perfect.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

Same here. I even went to brunch the day after with it on.
  • Wow, this is exactly what I need! Do you have any recommendations?
  • I used Amy Jones and she was wonderful. She lives in Morristown but travels all over. Her email is amymojones@gmail.com.
  • I had a trial with airbrushing and didn't care for it.  It just didn't seem natural on me.   I then did another trial with traditional makeup and it looked more natural.  My fear was traditional wouldn't last all day, but my trial proved that wrong.  Whatever you choose, just do a trial first!
  • Thanks! I sent Amy an e-mail.
  • Oh good! If she doesn't reply, I just saw that it looks like she is now working with Sally Duvall: http://sallyduvall.com/about/
  • I just spoke with Amy. She is doing a trial for someone else who has my date this week. We are going to touch base next week to see if she books her.
  • Giaspo, would you mind telling us the price range you paid for airbrushing? I'm looking into it (like Andrea, makeup seems to fade off of me too quickly) but I'm not sure what the going rate is for airbrush makeup.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_airbrushing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ad5888f1-d8ca-4c08-a366-4cd323f33fa5Post:522559d1-11fc-4559-b3cb-268b766950a6">Re: Airbrushing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a trial with airbrushing and didn't care for it.  It just didn't seem natural on me.   I then did another trial with traditional makeup and it looked more natural.  My fear was traditional wouldn't last all day, but my trial proved that wrong.  Whatever you choose, just do a trial first!
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

This was my experience as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sure!  I am fairly sure that I paid $95 for makeup including airbrushing, lashes and touch-ups (some MUAs charge extra for these things).  BMs were $75.  Amy came to my venue and stayed until the minute I walked down the aisle.  We did most of our pictures beforehand so she stayed until we were done and did not charge overtime.  She also didn't charge to drive to our venue.  This was a year ago and her prices may have changed.  I also did a trial on the day of my b-shoot which helped both with the b-shoot but also fine tuning colors and stuff.   

HTH! 
  • Was airbrused as a bridesmaid and loved how it looked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards