New Jersey

Hotel recommendation near West Orange

We are getting married at Mayfair Farms, and we are looking for a hotel that can accommodate a large number of guests. We want one with a bar where we can have an after party and decent looking rooms since I will probably take pictures getting ready there. A complimentary shuttle would be a plus, too. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks!

Re: Hotel recommendation near West Orange

• We're also having our reception at Mayfair. We've blocked off rooms at the Best Western Executive suites. They have a complementary shuttle to Mayfair for all guests, a bar that is separate from the lobby that can stay open, and complementary breakfast for all guests. I thought the rooms were nice, though I don't know how nice/fancy you're looking for to have pictures in. They also were more reasonably priced than many of the other hotels in the area that we looked at.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hotel-recommendation-near-west-orange?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:b4704ba9-f25c-4e91-8664-55be38d50a59Post:cea33d23-c7f7-4004-af09-594c7f6ed78d">Re: Hotel recommendation near West Orange</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're also having our reception at Mayfair. We've blocked off rooms at the Best Western Executive suites. They have a complementary shuttle to Mayfair for all guests, a bar that is separate from the lobby that can stay open, and complementary breakfast for all guests. I thought the rooms were nice, though I don't know how nice/fancy you're looking for to have pictures in. They also were more reasonably priced than many of the other hotels in the area that we looked at.
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion! I am also getting married at mayfair farms. My finances whole family is from Michigan so we will need a nice block of rooms!
  • Mayfair Farms should have a whole list. I looked at a lot of nearby venues and they all gave me lists. There is a Best Western there. There is a Marriott right around the corner next to the Manor. There is the Short Hills Hilton. There is also another boutique type of hotel in Livingston. There are lots of options and I believe most offer shuttle service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used the Hilton in Parsippany.  It was about a 20 minute ride, but the room prices were great and included shuttle service and a nice breakfast buffet the next morning.  They had a bar that was open for a while after we got back from the wedding.  
  • We are also getting married in west orange and we booked the best western executive suites in Fairfield. They were by far the nicest staff and they have a a large bar that is open late and the price was reasonable. I am working with Kate and christy and they both have been super attentive and easy to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a wedding at Mayfair Farms and the room block was at the Wilshire Grand..the hotel was very nice however they had told the Bride that the bar would be open for an after party but they closed early that night without telling them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards