New Jersey
Options

Venue Price Ranges?

What's the range for the 

$$$
$$$$

etc in the venues search for New Jersey?  Is there any way to tell what's included (cocktail hour or not) within that?

Re: Venue Price Ranges?

• Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't really trust what the price ranges on the TK say.. I'd contact the venues if you are interested in them, and they will usually send you their package info and pricing in an email, or the mail.
  • Options
    kozacskozacs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just looked and at two places I visited when looking for venues that both have $$$ there was a big difference when getting their numbers.  For a Saturday night in November one was about $135 pp after tax and tip and the other was more than $300 pp after tax and tip.  So I wouldn't go by what this website says.  Everybody on this board is very helpful in giving suggestions if you give pp price point, number of people, area of NJ and style. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto what the others said, post here on venues your interested in and we might be able to help with their prices
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    TwoByTwilightTwoByTwilight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue on here says it's $$ and honestly it's crazy cheap so I have no idea what the dollar signs mean. I went to a few places and I am sure plenty of women went to a bunch of places also. Your best bet is to just list what you are interested in and we can help you out.
  • Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_venue-price-ranges?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:b996c638-535c-48ef-aa78-4c9970719f2bPost:0718697b-c949-4dfd-8a47-81fbf114faf8">Re: Venue Price Ranges?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ditto what the others said, post here on venues your interested in and we might be able to help with their prices
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

ITA! Posting the venues you're interested in is definitely the best way to get a better idea of price quotes.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Id just call some venues you're interested in and get some broad pricing. Then research them further and do a round of visits to the ones that fall in your range. My venue even has on its own website a range from $75 - $300, however I dont know anyone who was married there for anywhere close to $75. We are well over the $200 mark. But pricing is skewed b/c although we are looking for wedding pricing, places also have alternative pricing available for someone who might be hosting a significantly smalle affair, such as a shower, retirement party, business party etc. The price guides on TK and really all of the wedding websites are way off.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Merion, anyone? Sunday nights?
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might have better luck on the south jersey board, but depending on the time of year for a Sunday night I'd say around $125pp
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards