New Jersey

The Berkeley Hotel

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on The Berkeley Hotel in Asbury Park?  I haven't seen it in person yet, but I am liking what I am seeing online and what I am hearing from their Catering Sales Manager.
Anniversary

Re: The Berkeley Hotel

• edited December 2011
    After reading reviews on tripadvisor (about crime etc there) it made me weary. I was only looking into it for a room block, but it does look very nice online.
    *~allie~*

• Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hotel is great and has gorgeous rooms.  I wouldnt worry about crime, Asbury Park has had a real transformation due to the gay community.
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Asbury Park has gone under a big transformation over the past few years.  However, I also so know that some parts are still not that great.  I feel like such a great hotel would be in the nice part of town, though.  Either way, my parents are going to check it out for me (I live out of state) and if they feel unsafe there, they will obviously let me know.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My FI actually works in one of the restuarants in Asbury Park. The hotel is ont he beach (or near it) and everything that is close to the beach has been renovated making it the nicer part of town. Unfortunately, the bad parts are what you have to get through to get to the hotel depending on which direction you are coming from. The hotel itself is really nice both inside and out. My FI wanted to look into it which I did but it was a little outside our budget. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    My boss's sister got married there earlier this year and I've heard the wedding was great.
  • momod130momod130 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a few weddings there and its pretty nice!  I wouldn't worry so much about crime in the surrounding area - you'll be in the hotel the entire time, right?
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, everything would take place in the hotel.  If they have an outdoor space for ceremonies, that would be outside.  It is hotel property, though so I wouldn't really consider that leaving the hotel.  Unfortunately, unless I can talk them down in price, it seems like it is out of our price range.
    Anniversary
  • Hi - has anyone experienced The Berkeley lately? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards